iPad Pro Are you also waiting?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by MacintoshJosh3, Jan 16, 2016.

1. MacintoshJosh3 macrumors regular

Is there anyone else that both appreciates the quality and experience of typing on the Apple Smsrt Keyboard but remains undeniably frustrated?

I have only used Apples keyboard in store as the availability is still catching up but I remain stuck on what I truly want with my iPad pro.

If you have ever held a surface pro 4 with type cover attached and closed (cover mode) or in tablet mode with the cover folded behind, you will know exactly what I mean. Typing experience/ track pad argument completely aside.. The design, due to the built in kickstand, provided an undeniably sleeker, easier to use keyboard/cover.

I use my iPad pro for business and am constantly 'on the go' both traveling and while on the job, the inability to effectively use the Smsrt keyboard tucked behind in 'tablet' mode nor in 'cover mode' is impacting my frustration far more than typing experience, which I actually prefer.

Now do I want some form of clunky, gigantic heavy iPad Pro that includes a kickstand that will diminish the product in many ways? No. But this is Apple and although my use case is not the target demographic, I am still patiently watching for some version of Microsofts type cover or Samsungs new keyboard to arrive for the pro, regardless of what I will have to do to have en effective kickstand.

Thoughts?

2. Eric5273 macrumors 6502a

It takes more than a few weeks to design, engineer, manufacture and ship a new device. It seems that Apple only shared the specs on the smart connector with Logitech prior to release. So the other companies are still working on it. There will be more options, but it is going to take some time. Plus some companies may be waiting to see how successful the iPad Pro is. Having a hard time finding accessories is one of the sacrifices you make when you are an early adopter of a brand new device.

I'm sure that back in 1997 if you purchased one of the first computers with a USB port, you too probably would have had some trouble finding USB accessories at the time. And look at what is available now....