Are you an Apple purist?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by profmatt, Jun 1, 2015.

1. profmatt macrumors 65816

profmatt

I hate the idea of mixing my Apple products with non-Apple products. So I don't think I could ever buy a strap that was not made by Apple. Equally, I'm finding it fairly challenging to consider a stand for my watch that is not made by Apple.

Anyone else a bit nuts like this?

2. GrindedDown macrumors 6502a

I am an absolute apple fanatic, but I don't relegate myself to buying only Apple products . My biggest takeaway from Apple and using their products is making personal investments into well designed products that are both aesthetically pleasing and highly functional. Products that have both those qualities are generally the ones I buy.

3. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

When it comes to electronics, if apple offers it that's what brand I buy. But apple only watch bands? That is kind of silly if the watch bands are of quality. The stand I am more on the same page as you with. This isn't because I won't buy any stand but apple, but because most of them are ugly and just rushed to market.

4. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

The Spigen stand looks EXACTLY like something apple would make. As for the OP's question...no.

5. IllusionEntity macrumors 6502

IllusionEntity

Yes and no. I have only ever had the apple leather case for my 6 plus. I only want apple bands for my watch. And I've only ever used a handful of 3rd party cases on my previous iPhones. I use a spidgen stand for my watch but that is Purley because it's the best stand avaliable IMO

6. Supermallet macrumors 65816

Supermallet

I'm waiting on the made for Apple Watch bands. Apple's bands are too pricey and they seem to have ignored space grey sport owners, giving them only one matching band (even the leather loops have silver on them, so although they can easily be used and look good with the space gray, they won't truly match). So I'll take the ones that are made to Apple's standards but give me more options at a better price.

7. floridonet macrumors regular

I like products designed by Apple but I don't exclusively use them. I have a 3rd party case for my iPhone and iPad as examples.

8. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

I am but I still bought two to kill my interest in non Apple bands early. I also bought a dell monitor to hold me over until Apple updates it's line of monitors to work with the rMB.

9. Banich2 macrumors regular

An Apple Purist would forgo the watch charging stand because in the Watch commercials they just charge the watch on the nightstand ;)

10. GrindedDown macrumors 6502a

What monitor you get? P2715 or P2415 by any chance? I would really be interested in seeing Apple's retina thunderbolt display, but I am contemplating buying one of those 4k dell monitors I just mentioned.

11. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

Lets just say the link band killed my interest in non apple bands. I have a non apple milanese band and its not worthy.

12. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

I do think Apple accessories are generally very good but will only buy them if they are the product I want. For example, the iPad Smart Case is fantastic and I don't think there is a better case out there for iPad, but on the other hand I don't really like their iPhone case and their new dock looks awful.

I'm sure eventually I'll buy a third party band for my watch, but waiting for well-made matching aluminium adapters first.

13. Glene macrumors 6502

Not a purist, that requires blind faith that apple will get it right. Sometimes they don't. I iPad case is a perfect example of a not so great product. Twelve south is an example of better products in many cases.

14. Ben_Dover macrumors regular

Ben_Dover

Uh no.. The edition dock IS something apple would make

15. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

The edition dock is less of a watch stand and more of a watch box with a charger. Not a fan.

16. Ben_Dover macrumors regular

Ben_Dover

I'm also not a fan of Porsche