Are you buying an aftermarket wristband?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Appl3FTW, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

do you think aftermarket wristbands will be released for the watch? if they do and they release a link bracelet for less than 449 i'm sold.

2. papa8706 macrumors 6502a

I think it all depends of the quality of the build. The link band for the pebble felt downright cheap. While I think $450 is steep, I imagine anything less than $250 may end up making the watch feel cheaper. Interested in seeing what people come up with though

3. calderone macrumors 68040

calderone

Is that your only requirement? That it be less than $449? I could probably put together a piece of crap SS band and charge you $399. That work for you?

4. KauaiBruce macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

I'm paying the price for a 'real' Apple SS Link Band. However I will not say that I would never get an aftermarket band. Someone could come up with a great designer band I like. I would never buy something cheap.

5. shacky macrumors regular

shacky

There are already a smattering of watch bands showing up on Amazon. I, for one, will buy a Sport model and swap out to a nice leather band.

6. Runt888 macrumors 6502a

I plan on pre-ordering the sport model, and then going in to the apple store and trying on some of the official bands once the launch madness dies down. I want to see how the Milanese loop and various leather bands look when combined with the black sport model before I buy them. If they don't look good, then I will turn to an aftermarket solution.

7. superlawyer15 macrumors regular

superlawyer15

I cant shake this feeling that 3rd party bands wont be compatible with the watch.

8. JFazYankees macrumors 6502

JFazYankees

Nope. I'm sticking to the Apple bands because they'll be superior in quality.

9. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

Just because something is aftermarket doesn't mean its inferior. In fact, some aftermarket bands might cost more than Apple's variants depending on materials.

10. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

The Pebble Steel overall has an aweful finish. It looks like a Claw machine prize. I bought one and returned it right away and got the plastic one instead. At least the plastic one doesn't pretend to be a luxury watch.

11. papa8706 macrumors 6502a

I agree, I kept it since I hated the size/rubber strap on the original but it was awful craftsmanship for an item that supposedly "classier"

12. priscilla55 macrumors regular

priscilla55

Sometimes the thing that works best is the cheapest. When I got my 5S I got the Apple leather case (in red) . It looked great for a few weeks but quickly became grubby looking. It was also a real pain in the butt to take off and actually did very little to protect the phone.

I ended up using a very cheap clear silicone case (about £1 on eBay ) which actually looked pretty good, provided a decent amount of cushioning and made the phone more grippy to hold. It was a breeze to take off and on. The aftermarket item was much more suited to the job.

13. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

399.99 will do

14. Esoom, Mar 13, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2015

Esoom macrumors 6502

Esoom

15. KauaiBruce macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

I have the red leather iPad cover AND iPhone 6+ cover. I love the character they take on.

16. telefono macrumors 6502

telefono

+1

17. Switchback666 macrumors 68000

Switchback666

I'm hoping for more elaborated/decorated bracelets and rubber bands.

Not really a fan of the current offer by Apple but I love mesh bracelets so the milanese loop will be my choice.