Are you buying the hype?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jardinager, Sep 7, 2016.

1. jardinager macrumors member

jardinager

I guess I'm in for the highest capacity model cause it is the best iPhone YET, buy did YOU buy that slanted hype today? Are you preordering?

2. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

3. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

They are really good about creating hype. Only you can decide. The 40% faster, etc. sounds nice, but will you actually notice a difference if you have a 6S or better? I personally think not.

I think for anyone using a 6 or older will definitely notice though.

4. pcmacgamer macrumors regular

5. I7guy macrumors G5

6. TallManNY macrumors 601

TallManNY

The power of the CPU and the better camera are compelling to me. I use the device many times per day, so any performance improvement is felt multiple times per day. I've switched to wireless headphones already as well. With upgrade plan, cost would be about a $1.20 per day. It is something, but it really isn't much money.

Obviously getting Jet Black if I buy one. I can't fit into 32gb storage anyway.

7. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

I'm most pissed that they are having 2 presales on the same night AND it's a work night! They can't manage the presales of just one device (i.e. just phone or just watch)... how the hell are their servers going to manage phones and watches? jackholes!

8. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

There are people who took off work just to watch the keynote. I'm sure they know their customers don't care if it's a work/school night

9. ARizz44 macrumors 6502a

ARizz44

I am certainly pre-ordering based on the features and improvements. This keynote had less hype than I have seen in years.

10. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

Use the apple store app. Been using it since they introduced it without issue.

11. EM2013 macrumors 65816

EM2013

Nope, sticking with my 6S plus. Nice try apple.

12. azure247 macrumors 6502

The upgrade didn't feel substantial for me because I rarely use the built in speakers, and the camera is always improving in increments every model (7s will have better camera-watch!). The only cool thing is the home button being force touch now.

13. kilcher, Sep 7, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2016

kilcher macrumors 65816

kilcher

Today's most used phrase - "Best ever in an iPhone."

Thank you Apple, at a MINIMUM we should expect what's in the current iPhone to be better than what's in an old iPhone.

I've only ever had iPhones but come on Apple, how about we strive for simply - "Best ever."

I guess that's Apple's MO though, take what we had before and make it a little better. It certainly works for them.

Decent update, I'm not as hard on them as some people. I think most people just can't get past the looking the same.

14. mtcowdog macrumors regular

Hype is thick, and Apple the mobile CPU extraordinaire company has incrementally moved the bar forward. IDK if the 7 or series 2 watch is enough for me to punch my ticket or not. It's way more that is a little more in practice. I feel like Apple fit a nuclear bomb in a gum drop. I kind of wanted ice cream.

15. boltjames macrumors 68040

boltjames

I'm one of those zealots who waited from 3AM to 10AM in the cold to get an iPhone 3GS and the 4 and the 5 and the 6 and I'm passing on this one.

I was hoping to be hyped-in today. I was yearning for an excuse to be the first in the office with the newest bestest iPhone. There's nothing here except a dongle and two shades of black. What has become of Apple, sad really.

BJ