are you camping out for your new iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by illtype, Jun 11, 2008.

1. illtype macrumors member

You think it will be hard to get a new iphone. I want to get the 16g white. Do you think they will sell out quickly??

2. bazookafx3 macrumors regular

Im camping out for mine, I want to be one of the first! 16GB Black :D

3. FSUSem1noles macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

With the implementation of having to sign up on spot, I don't believe they'll sell out, also from what I heard, they put a cap on how many you can buy, 3 or 4 and that's per family..

4. stockcerts macrumors 65816

No way will I consider camping out for the privilege of buying a phone. I am excited to get the new IPhone, but I'm sure there will be plenty to go around. I think part of the reason for the July 11th release date is so they can have plenty of units ready to go without experiencing any shortages. If I get my phone the next day...that will be fine.

Apple can't afford not to produce enough of the new phones, especially when you consider they've been out of stock on the current model for several weeks.

5. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I'll do what I gotta' do! I'll probably show up a couple hours before they open. I have two choices, since there's two Apple Stores and ten+ AT&T Stores within a few miles of each other. :p

6. DenniZ macrumors 6502a

I'm going to order mine online probably, wait it out at home. Anxiously clicking refresh on the tracking of the package lol.

7. ipodtouchy333 macrumors 65816

I'm definitely getting mine on launch day when the store opens but I won't camp out for it. Plus I live in Nebraska and there's not too many people and if the apple store is out, I can always hit up AT&T.....

8. ampd macrumors regular

ampd

too bad you have to buy it in store, no ordering online for you! :eek:

9. DenniZ macrumors 6502a

Wait wait.... Emailed O2 about it...

So at the moment, it can be ordered online from O2.

10. WannaApple? macrumors 6502a

A glimpse of hope about being able to order online!! :)

If not, then I'll get in line a few hours in advance if they start selling in the a.m. but if they dont sell til 6pm, I wont be able to wait at all due to work and will just hope they have some left after 7pm.

11. DenniZ macrumors 6502a

See I would do that, but not sure if I would need to bring I.D. with me to an O2 store as I don't have any form yet except my debit card.

12. Loonytik macrumors 6502a

Loonytik

If you're camping out....please, wear a "Im with Stupid" t-shirt so people walking by going about thier lives can steer clear.

That way, everyone in line will have one on and it will just be passed right down the line.

Thanks.

13. mashinhead macrumors 68020

no effing way. I'm so against these ridiculous lines. Anyway it will take twice as long with instore activation. Anyway I don't think there will be a shortage anyway. I'll get mine on the 12th mornining. There is no way im going near an apple store on the 11 th. There are no points for first place

14. jrbdmb macrumors 6502

jrbdmb

Do you get a t-shirt for buying on the first day? :D But I agree, I'll probably swing by an AT&T store Friday the 11th to check out the line. If it's long I'll check again at lunch or after work. Worst case I'll get the phone on Saturday the 12th.

15. illtype thread starter macrumors member

16. tacofreak macrumors member

I dont think you can....rain check....remember that video on youtube of that woman that wanted to buy like 10 iphones and then could only buy 1...

So back on the topic...
    I know for sure I will be camping out...Ill be there on the afternoon on the 10th... when are you guys going?

17. w00master macrumors 65816

Nope, not camping out. I refuse to camp out for any sort of product. These things will still be there the next day. :)

Also, I'm hedging my bets by going to an AT&T store instead of an Apple store. Yes, I know HERESY, but I figure my chances will be much better there than an Apple store.

w00master

18. themightyspitz macrumors regular

themightyspitz

I might....depends how I feel the day before. Granted a long line would likely be there by then.

19. glide macrumors regular

Doesn't anyone remember what happened during the initial launch? Idiots spent days in line and the phones were readily available pretty much everywhere for weeks.

20. ryanxslabaugh macrumors member

Nope not gonna camp out.

Not even gonna be able to afford the 16 GB black until the first week of august.

Damn minimum wage job with low hours.

21. volsfan macrumors regular

volsfan

im not no. because imw aiting for the next upgrade because im only 13 and my parents wont pay the outragues bill.

22. Delta608 macrumors regular

Delta608

I'll be in line at the Sprint store for their Instinct phone...Assuming they don't have a data price hike too....:mad:

23. berkleeboy210 macrumors 68000

Well,

There's the new Flagship Boston Apple store and a Company owned ATT store, on the same street here in Boston.

So we shall see, I'll probably end up at the Apple store though.

24. Mason1 macrumors member

Same here with the amount of stores near by... Im not gonna go early Ill just wait for everyone to get theirs then go after the lines are gone. Every AT&T store or Apple store wont be sold out by me I guarantee it.

:apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple: