Are you dropping calls with the 4s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by shane.reid, Oct 20, 2011.

1. shane.reid macrumors newbie

I had 4 dead spots on my drive home with my 4. I have yet to drop a call in those spots for 3 straight days with my 4s.

Obviously you are still prone to dead spots in the network, but overall, my reception is greatly improved.

2. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

Apple finally got serious and learned how to build a good phone. Between the antenna improvements and a proper new baseband chip that's optimized for AT&T, this phone is their best.

Too bad they screwed AT&T by blaming them for the previous iPhones shortcomings. My other AT&T phones have always been great.

Apples willingness to blame others is not to be underestimated. Look at the harm they caused Adobe.

3. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

Not so far, and I routinely used to drop at least 1 call a day from my house. I believe that in my case it was a combination of the network and the phone, though, as my parents dropped calls here as well and neither had smartphones at the time. They didn't drop as many as I did, but they still dropped 'em.

4. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

No dropped calls with my 4S and in fact since the 4 and AT&T improving their service I went from one to two per month to like 1-2 over a year, to me that is very acceptable especially since I have rollover minutes and I never use all my minutes each month, besides after calling back the other person I was able to stay on the call until my conversation was over.

5. Jman13 macrumors 68000

I never had any real dropped call issues with the 4 or 3Gs; about 10-15 total in a year and a half (or less than once a month). I have yet to drop a call on my 4S.