Are you ever going to stop complaining about At&t?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bbhegedus, Oct 3, 2010.

1. bbhegedus macrumors regular

bbhegedus

Every where I look there seems to be someone else complaining about At&t. Its not as bad as people make it out to be. ESPECIALLY the people that dare say t-mobile is better?!!? t-mobile is by far the worst of the 4 major carriers in the US. At&t's 3G speeds are pretty fast on the iPhone 4, I haven't dropped a call yet, or experienced any problems. Admitted Verizon would be better...but I still have friends on Verizon who don't like it. I don't hate at&t so if they came out with an iPhone for Verizon I probably still wouldnt switch.

2. EthanNixon macrumors 6502a

EthanNixon

I've dropped zero phone calls until the iPhone 4, which I only dropped like 5 or so. That's not AT&T's fault though. I personally haven't had any issues with them since I got my first iPhone in 2007. I am however going to be switching to a BlackBerry and going with Sprint though. That's still up for debate though, I get a cheaper rate with Sprint because of who I work for.

I've had all four major carriers at one, all with smartphones, and AT&T is no better or worse than Verizon or Sprint. At least not that I have noticed.

3. iPhone1 macrumors 65816

iPhone1

4. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Well, hey, great.

And since you didn't drink and drive last night I guess drunk driving isn't a problem anymore either. And I bet you have a job so that means the recession is finally over too. Glad to hear it!

And because you don't drop any calls I guess I just imagined the 6 dropped calls I had on Friday. Silly me, I should have known it was all in my head.

5. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

ATT is the same as VZ, MTO, and Sprint. It's always "greener" on the other side until you get there. I've has numerous co-workers complain to me, about their Verizon network, because they weren't able to get data and voice at the same time. For business it a big deal.

6. No ice please macrumors 6502

lolno, I look at there 3G map and it says my entire area is covered. It's not and it drops calls, texts are bad, and data is really slow even where there is 3g.

7. jmmtn4aj macrumors member

The underlying backbone of ATT's service isn't the issue, it's the localized problem of cell towers being over capacity in places with high population density like NYC. All your anecdote says is the cell tower to user ratio is fine in your area, doesn't mean it applies country-wide.

8. dagored macrumors 65816

As "No ice please" states, it depends on your area. I went from Verizon to AT&T.

With Verizon in my area, many of my calls went to voice mail. No one at Verizon knew why, but if I got a new phone, it "probably" wouldn't happen, according to their sales associates. Right.

Since being on AT&T with the iP4 launch, my phone works great. Again, probably my area.

I was in LA three weeks ago, worked great. On a cruise ship in the harbor it worked great. Coming back, seeing the dock in the distance, it worked great.

Now in Amish Country, south of Canton, Ohio, about 45 miles south, NO SERVICE. However, other people I was with, T-Mobil, etc, NO SERVICE.

Clarksburg, WV - NO SERVICE - no one had service. Why do you think Verizon pulled out of the state and sold out to Frontier?

If anyone else had better service where I live, I would go with that company.

9. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

Would you rather have slower data speeds or dead zones?

Personally, I'd rather have the former. I'm traveling on the train every weekday from NJ to NYC and I always hit 2-3 dead spots. Sometimes, no service. Other times, I lose the 3G or E symbol entirely.

Of course, it's always when I'm in the middle of something.

Once they fix that, I'll stop bashing AT&T.

10. fizzwinkus macrumors 6502a

i am supposed to have good coverage, but drop calls daily. the network coverage is a joke.

11. iBaloney macrumors 6502

iBaloney

all the carriers are one and the same. they'll have their ups and downs. you can please everybody.

12. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Will I ever stop complaining about AT&T?

No. And I live in the UK. :p

13. mpossoff macrumors 68020

I have no complaints about ATT&T, great coverage in my area and great customer service.

Marc

14. Pillar macrumors 6502

Pillar

hahaha

yeah AT&T sucks for me aswell. as said, most network coverage over here is a joke.

15. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

Been with AT&T for 6 years now, and they have been great with both coverage and customer service. I recommend AT&T to everyone and wouldn't switch.

16. rc51aaron macrumors member

LMFAO

17. gtmac macrumors 6502a

Agree 100%. Good for those of you who don't drop calls. I drop 4 or more times driving to and from work in the Bay Area. Hopefully they keep adding towers but lets be really clear. I don't leave AT&T because of the iPhone not because it's good service.

18. anonymous guy macrumors 6502

AT&T will stop getting dogged once they provide the adequate service they're expected to provide to their customers.

19. mtnDewFTW macrumors 6502a

I like ATT. I was on Sprint before, and I guess anything compared to Sprint is better. I don't get why people complain either. I never drop calls, I always have a strong signal wherever I go and the internet is really fast.

Personally, I'm sick of people complaining. To me, it almost seems as though people complain about ATT because they hate Apple/the iPhone. So they have to start something big out of nothing.

But then again, I don't even really care. I think ATT is great and I plan on staying with them for a very long time even if the iPhone becomes available on other networks.

20. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

People will never stop complaining about everything in general.

21. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Exactly.

Most of at&t's service is great nationwide. Where it really fails is in highly populated areas (ie. San Fran, NYC, etc). The coverage and speed I have in Colorado is fantastic (easily feels as fast as my DSL). However, I was just in Miami and the service was awful. Data speeds were maybe as slow as 56k. It was really pathetic. As soon as I drove out of the city and into Key Largo, BOOM, the speed and service were back.

Oh and I really don't want to hear anyone in the Bay area complain about the service there. It's the city of San Francisco's fault for not allowing at&t to put more towers up. It sucks but that's the way it is.