Are You Experiencing Battery Problems In OS X Lion?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by natd1993, Jul 22, 2011.

?

Are You Experiencing Battery Problems In OS X Lion?

1. Dramatically Yes

117 vote(s)
    52.2%
  2. Very Slightly

38 vote(s)
    17.0%
  3. Certainly Not

32 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. Haven't Noticed

37 vote(s)
    16.5%
  1. natd1993 macrumors regular

natd1993

I've certainly noticed a decrease in my battery on the first machine below. However, searching through Google and other such sites, I've found no solution to solve this. My battery life has literally halved. Let's hope Apple release an update to fix this! :apple:

2. Romainf macrumors member

same for me. I have a 2011 13" MacBook Pro and my battery went from 8/9 hours to just 4.5 hours at best

3. FNH15 macrumors regular

My 2008 MacBook with a new battery now gets only 3.5 hrs of battery life, down from 5.5 hrs! It's been like this from DP1.

FNH15

4. Goldfinger macrumors 6502

5. OceanM3 macrumors newbie

17" MBP mid 2010,

battery life went from 5-6 hours to just over 2 hours. I called apple care and they had me reset a few things (option, shift command restart), and also had me drain the battery all the way and fully charge again. Same issue.

I spoke to a senior advisor and he said that I am the only person that has experienced this issue so far, and its likely my battery. these forums would suggest otherwise. please call your apple care and tell them about your issue.

6. revenent macrumors regular

13" Macbook Pro Mid 2010.

Battery life has slightly improved or remained mostly the same. Mine lasts approximately 4 hours which is what i got with Snow Leopard. I am using a 7200RPM 1TB hard drive though:rolleyes:

7. MkNuII macrumors member

13'' Macbook (Late 2008)

SL -> Around 4hrs
    LN -> Around 2hrs

=/

8. GuitarG20 macrumors 65816

GuitarG20

17" early 2011 MBP

SL- 6.5-7 hours.
    L- 3.5-4 hours.

:(

9. revenent macrumors regular

I recall reading somewhere that for those who have parallels installed would have to do an update for it to work properly in Lion. Even if you do not launch it it automatically runs in the background causing massive drain in battery and performance...might want to check it out ya.

10. benrockwood macrumors member

benrockwood

guys .. check this service "AGAdminservice" running. it was killing my battery as well as the system performance. this service consumes 100% of CPU. After disabling this service, the system CPU usage dropped to less than 10% and system is lot cooler now as well the battery performance is better. i will observe for another day for battery performance and will update this forum

11. seong macrumors 65816

seong

I don't experience any at all. Probably the same.

12. TheTraveller9 macrumors newbie

My MB doesn't charge at all and my battery is obviously losing power with no solution. I'm not the only one. MBs and MBPs are experiencing not charging batteries issues.

Lion stinks at least for laptops...

13. JasonHB macrumors regular

I have been experiencing battery issues on my MBP since the installation of Lion however, I think I have it narrowed down as to what is causing the problem.

It does not seem to matter what I am doing, the battery life is always about what it used to be, until I launch Safari.

It seems that the scrolling both up and down and forwards and backwards is caning the battery. If you look at Activity Monitor, the CPU and memory use increases significantly when scrolling.

For example, my battery at the moment says that it has 7hrs 1min whilst I am typing this post.

If I start scrolling backwards and forwards or up and down web pages, within minutes it is reporting back that I have just over 4hrs remaining.

Could anyone else report back if they are having the same issues?

Thanks in advance

Jason

14. soldierblue macrumors 6502

15. niksgarage macrumors newbie

I've noticed a slight improvement .. I travel with a 2008 macbook on the train most days, and use VLC and iPlayer (from the BBC) to watch videos and tv shows. I used to have about 5-10 minutes of battery life at the end of my 2 hour journey to home from London, and now I have about 25 minutes left.

16. ozcanfm macrumors newbie

Macbook Pro 13"

Definitely noticed significant battery depreciation once updated to OS X Lion. Someone suggesting the battery reset using CTRL + ALT + CMD and POWER, but that hasn't worked.

Has Apple acknowledged the problem?

17. rangen macrumors regular

rangen

2010 i5 2.53 Macbook Pro

There's certainly a dip in battery life in lion. I've reset power/SMC to no avail.

18. Patrick J macrumors 65816

Patrick J

19. RWinOR macrumors 6502

Greenest and wettest place in North America
    After reading this post I check mine. I also am experiencing a loss of battery life.

mid 2009 15 MBP

SL 6-7 hours
    T 3-4 hours Tops

This will make it hard to watch a full movie when in flight on an airplane. :(

20. Lykos1986 macrumors member

With Snow Leopard: 5-6 hours (even 7 hours with light use)
    With Lion: 4 hours in the best situation.... :(

Apple and update soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. GoGamecocks macrumors member

Just bought a MBP 13" and upgraded to Lion the next day I received the laptop. Went from 11 hrs estimated battery life to 6 hrs estimated battery life

22. TCV1 macrumors newbie

So annoyed about this, bought my 13' MBP in early June and battery life has dropped by half since upgrading to Lion.

Gonna call Apple Care tomorrow.

23. DropKick macrumors member

anyone have success with an SMC reset? I unplugged the battery cable and held down the power button for 5 seconds... it may be a placebo effect but the battery percentage indicator isn't dropping as fast as it was previously (almost like a timer count down before :rolleyes:)

24. hkl00k macrumors newbie

25. vix2000 macrumors regular

I thought my battery was all of a sudden wearing out!!! But mine is on a MBA not MBP???