Are you flipping your watch for profit?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Appl3FTW, Apr 19, 2015.

?

Ware you selling or keeping the watch?

  1. Keeping the watch

    163 vote(s)
    86.7%
  2. Selling the watch for profit only

    5 vote(s)
    2.7%
  3. Selling the watch for profit and buy again for myself

    20 vote(s)
    10.6%
  1. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

    Appl3FTW

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2012
    #1
    Do you guys intend to flip the watch for profit and then buy later with June shipment?
     
  2. DirtySocks85 macrumors 65816

    DirtySocks85

    Joined:
    Mar 12, 2009
    Location:
    Wichita, KS
    #2
    Unless someone ordered more than one, the kind of person likely to buy one just to resell for profit doesn't tend to hang around these forums. These are generally enthusiasts, the people that are likely to want the product. I suppose with the current wait times that some people might be tempted by the opportunity for a bit of additional $$, but for me, I just don't see it as being worth losing my spot in line. I've waited long enough for this thing.
     
  3. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 601

    Appl3FTW

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2012
    #3
    Me too I've waited forever... The price to resell is just too tempting.
     
  4. Robert M. macrumors 6502a

    Robert M.

    Joined:
    Jan 4, 2010
    #4
    No, I only ordered one. And a few hundred extra dollars won't do anything for me. Now, I may sell it after a week's use if I hate it. Just to get rid of it. I don't like pointless gadgets cluttering my nightstand :D
     
  5. betabeta macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jun 28, 2013
    #5
    I'm keeping the watch but if someone wants to pay me silly money, like 200 more than I paid for it, I would have to be nuts not to take it and wait a month. Right?:confused:
     
  6. kupkakez macrumors 68000

    kupkakez

    Joined:
    Apr 4, 2011
    #6

    Ditto. I had two ordered and cancelled one after I made my decision. I would prefer helping someone else get a bumped up ship date.
     
  7. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 601

    Appl3FTW

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2012
    #7
    With the wait of 2 months... May and June, is it worth the 200?
     
  8. H3rman macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Apr 16, 2015
    #8
    Keeping mine! Been waiting for it since Sept, so no chance I'm selling it.
     
  9. Apfpilot macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Mar 22, 2012
    #9
    I bought a SG sport that confirmed at 12:01. Then before I went to bed I had second thoughts and grabbed a stainless steel with the sport band a few moments later. Both were in the first group of shipments and I intended to cancel whichever one I didn't decide to keep. After seeing the demand and delivery dates slip I decided I'd sell whichever one I decided not to keep. I tried them on and decided I preferred the SS. since I had only budgeted the price of the sport in selling the SG on eBay to make up the difference.
     
  10. acctman macrumors 6502a

    acctman

    Joined:
    Oct 26, 2012
    Location:
    Georgia
    #10
    nope keeping it.. there is some of a demand but not as great as an iPhone. most people don't wear watches to begin with so your target is very small for a flip
     
  11. Tsuchiya macrumors 68020

    Tsuchiya

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2008
    #11
    Unless someone wants to offer me £1000 cash in hand for my 42mm SS/classic buckle, then I'll be keeping it.
     
  12. mattopotamus macrumors G5

    mattopotamus

    Joined:
    Jun 12, 2012
    #12
    Did the same. In hindsight I should of let it deliver and sold it at cost to a forumer
     
  13. cforster macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Sep 19, 2013
    Location:
    Missouri USA
    #13
    Keeping for sure. Looking forward to the new tech.
     
  14. mbhforum macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jun 23, 2010
    #14
    I ordered 2, SS with Sport and SS with classic buckle. Decided I wanted to keep the SS with Sport and sold the Classic for $150 profit on Craigslist. That is helping me pay for an extra leather loop band.
     
  15. Esoom macrumors 6502

    Esoom

    Joined:
    Apr 30, 2010
    Location:
    Colorado
    #15
    I was going to sell it, changed my mind...

    Am suspecting the backlog will ease up in August, then the holiday backlog will start in a couple of months...
     
  16. AKRowdy macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2011
    #16
    To be very very honest… the thought has crossed my mind more than once, or twice… But I think that I value having a Watch for ~3 months greater than I value a few hundred bucks. :eek: But who knows it's an option that I haven't totally abandoned.
     
  17. puckhead193 macrumors G3

    puckhead193

    Joined:
    May 25, 2004
    Location:
    NY
    #17
    ebay prices aren't high enough for me to consider flipping it for a profit and waiting till June for the space gray sport. It crossed my mind but prices are only about $100 or so for bids..
     
  18. docprego macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Jun 12, 2007
    Location:
    Henderson, NV
    #18
    This.

    No way I'm selling mine. Who knows when they'll next be in stock.
     
  19. dannyyankou macrumors 603

    dannyyankou

    Joined:
    Mar 2, 2012
    #19
    ***k no, I stayed up until 3:01 to order mine. People will pay the cost of being late by waiting until June, not by paying a premium to get it early.
     
  20. superlawyer15 macrumors regular

    superlawyer15

    Joined:
    Sep 15, 2014
    #20
    The mods here need to step up and ban those who make threads like this.

    It is clear as day in apple's terms when u buy the item.

    You are buying it as the END USER.

    IT IS NOT BEING SOLD TO YOU FOR RESALE.
     
  21. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

    Goldinboy17

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2010
    Location:
    San Francisco, Ca
    #21
    I'm definitely tempted to after having tried on the watches at the store. I ordered a 38mm Space Gray thinking it would look great on me. Unfortunately the larger model fit me better. I have a shipment date of 4/24-5/8 whereas the 42 I ordered will arrive in June.
     
  22. GoingDark macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2013
    #22
    I agree with this, but only because it's such a ludicrous scenario since I'm getting an aluminum Sport in the "launch day" window, and an extra $200 would basically be the price of a Stainless Steel. But hey, if someone really wants one that badly, I don't mind waiting (and then essentially "upgrading" to a Stainless Steel for free a month or two later).
     
  23. ardchoille50 macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Feb 6, 2014
    #23
    I'll be keeping mine.. money isn't very high on my list of priorities.
     
  24. Pinksteady macrumors 6502a

    Pinksteady

    Joined:
    Aug 19, 2008
    #24
    Not immediately no but if by the time the watches are shipping in days rather than weeks (months from now of course), and I decide this is indeed a device I value and want to invest in, perhaps I'll 'trade up' to a nicer looking model.
     
  25. Apfpilot macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Mar 22, 2012
    #25
    If you are a super lawyer you have to know about right of first sale.
     

Share This Page