Are you flush?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by SilentCrs, Oct 10, 2008.

1. SilentCrs macrumors regular

Quick question. I have a 24" metal iMac that recently had a memory chip die. I picked up 2 new chips from Crucial and installed them. However, the metal memory isn't totally "flush" with the bottom of the iMac now. I've taken it off a couple of times and put it on, and if I feel underneath I can feel the edges of the cover pretty readily. I've tightened the screw as hard as I can but I don't want to strip the stupid thing. I really should have checked before I took the cover off.

Those who own a metal iMac, are your memory covers completely flush or can you feel the edges pretty easily?

2. johto macrumors 6502

johto

i have upgraded my own memory, and yes the cover is 100% "flush". Cant feel or see any edges. I think you have either made it "bad" or the screw is not right, or the cover is in wrongly oriented :confused:
    But if its only millimeter or something, dont worry. Maybe the new ram sticks are too fat? :D

3. Fonzijr1964 macrumors 68000

Fonzijr1964

4. AppleMatt macrumors 68000

AppleMatt

5. RealaT macrumors regular

Just checked mine and yes, it is totally flush with the casing

6. nyprospect macrumors 6502

I thought i wasn't flush and i pushed the chips in (on my white beautiful imac) and bam i damaged the darn thing.Money flushed down the drain.Pun intended.