Are you getting an iPhone Upgrade?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tinkspank, Sep 13, 2014.

1. Tinkspank macrumors newbie

Tinkspank

Wouldn't it have made sense for the carriers to have sent out texts to customers back in April and in July asking if they were going to upgrade to the new iPhone?

Wouldn't it have given them a good idea of what demand was going to be, or am I just blowing farts into the wind?

2. Ortiz7983 Suspended

Are you getting an iPhone Upgrade?

They get 1 year to design the new iphone, chip, etc. plus everything else. Building, molding, constructing, ordering, wait times. You think ups and fedex has enough employees to deliver all phones that are pre ordered? You think it's easy to build that much iPhones for all the people. They don't build them at the starting point of the year. It's the last phase of the year. It impossible to have that much ready and to have enough companies to deliver them to everyone. They don't stop every other deliveries on that day just so people can get their iPhones. So continue with your farts in the wind.

3. Tinkspank thread starter macrumors newbie

Tinkspank

Sorry, I didn't mean to come across condescending, i just thought it might have given them an idea of what the iPhone6 vs iPhone6+ demand there would be.

4. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

I'm pretty sure they know what demand is. I think just like ortiz7983 said, building them is the last phase of the process. They can literally only make so many in X amount of months.

5. nikster21 macrumors member

They only have so much time to build them, yes. But Apple already has people working on future iPhones, iPads, and chipsets for 3-5 years down the pipes.

6. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

That's pretty meaningless as customers can easily change their minds at the last minute.