Are you going to buy Leopard as soon as it comes out?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by theman, Sep 15, 2007.

?

When are you going to buy Leopard?

  1. I will be waiting in line at the store to be the first one

    51 vote(s)
    62.2%
  2. I will wait to see if there are any bugs, problems, etc.

    30 vote(s)
    36.6%
  3. I am not ever buying Leopard

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I will move to Windows Vista when they stop supporting Tiger

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. theman macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jul 26, 2007
    #1
    Is everyone going to go for it the second it's available, or are you going to wait so you don't have to deal with any bugs? If so, when are you going to buy it?

    I'm not sure myself. Right now I have no problems with Tiger and reinstalling the OS would just be a bit of a hassle. I think I will probably just wait a month or two to see how it is. I hardly ever buy something right away like that.
     
  2. netdog macrumors 603

    netdog

    Joined:
    Feb 6, 2006
    Location:
    London
    #2
    I will be heading down to Regent Street on the day that Leopard is launched.
     
  3. psychofreak Retired

    psychofreak

    Joined:
    May 16, 2006
    Location:
    London
    #3
    I'm going to get it a.s.a.p

    The software looks wonderful, and as long as its not ridiculous, I'm not too bothered by initial stability issues :)
     
  4. shinji macrumors 65816

    shinji

    Joined:
    Mar 18, 2007
  5. ImNoSuperMan macrumors 65816

    ImNoSuperMan

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2005
    #5
    I`d definitely Wait a couple of months.

    Yup Leopard is cool but Tiger is good enough for now. I`ll wait atleast until 2 months so that any major bugs will be rectified. No one should get leopard on launch except those who get it pre installed on new Macs. Even then I`d have tried to buy my Mac just a few days before leopard starts shipping preinstalled. So that I have a working copy of Tiger for as long as I want and also get Leopard as a free upgrade later.
     
  6. Mydel macrumors 6502a

    Mydel

    Joined:
    Apr 8, 2006
    Location:
    Sometimes here mostly there
    #6
    I'm not gonna stay in line but will get it ASAP:D
     
  7. Pants Dragon macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Nov 8, 2006
  8. jsw Moderator emeritus

    jsw

    Joined:
    Mar 16, 2004
    Location:
    Andover, MA
    #8
    I'm either getting it day one, or re-upping as a developer and getting it about the same time. Either way, I'll phase it in, but I'll install it on at least one Mac right off the bat... after backing it up, of course.
     
  9. Rhosfelt macrumors 65816

    Rhosfelt

    Joined:
    Aug 15, 2007
    Location:
    I don't want to be raped :(
    #9
    Haha I will get it as a developer.. but I will probably wait a bit because a back up and fresh install on both of my macs will take forever. So I will just phase it in.

    <3 spaces.
     
  10. ravenvii macrumors 604

    ravenvii

    Joined:
    Mar 17, 2004
    Location:
    Melenkurion Skyweir
    #10
    Buying it as soon as it comes out.

    Ordering it online though, as I can't get student discounts on software in a physical store.
     
  11. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2004
    #11
    i'll be pre-ordering it online i'm sure. no huge rush for it which is why i won't be waiting in line or anything, but i'll install it pretty soon after its released. :D
     
  12. AdeFowler macrumors 68020

    AdeFowler

    Joined:
    Aug 27, 2004
    Location:
    England
    #12
    I'll pre-order online from Apple as soon as I can.
     
  13. CmdrLaForge macrumors 68040

    CmdrLaForge

    Joined:
    Feb 26, 2003
    Location:
    around the world
  14. bmcgrath macrumors 65816

    bmcgrath

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2006
    Location:
    London, United Kingdom
    #14
    If it's out in October like they say it is. I will wait maybe a few weeks to see what people think of it, problems, updates etc cause this will be the first new Mac OS I will get to buy and install. So I might just take a stand back and watch for a while :)
     
  15. Shotgun OS macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Dec 18, 2006
    Location:
    Ohio
    #15
    I'll be getting it within the first few days. Probably the first day, but depending whats going on, I may not be able to get it that day.
     
  16. theman thread starter macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jul 26, 2007
    #16
    Hmm... nobody chose the Vista option yet. Very surprising...
     
  17. pianoman macrumors 68000

    pianoman

    Joined:
    May 31, 2006
    #17
    right now i say i'll probably wait but the temptation might be big enough that i'll go get it within a few days after its release.
     
  18. eluk macrumors 6502a

    eluk

    Joined:
    Dec 14, 2006
    Location:
    East London, UK
    #18
    I'll get it initally with a new MP and then decide whether or not to put it on the MBP.
     
  19. PhilS1121 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2007
    #19
    I'll be waiting for any bugs to be worked out, but probably only because of my experience with Windows. But I won't wait long.

    LOL re the last option. Yeah, right. :D
     
  20. Aranince macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Apr 18, 2007
    Location:
    California
    #20
    I'll be getting Leopard on my next computer...which requires me saving money.
     
  21. p0intblank macrumors 68030

    Joined:
    Sep 20, 2005
    Location:
    New Jersey
    #21
    This poll is flawed...

    But yup, I'll be getting Leopard ASAP! :D
     
  22. kolax macrumors G3

    kolax

    Joined:
    Mar 20, 2007
    #22
    Getting it ASAP.

    Ordering online to recieve student discount.
     
  23. SugarMice macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2007
    #23
    Im waiting until December to buy it, by then it should have the common updates and bug fixes....can't wait though:)
     

Share This Page