Are you going to Fuelband + Apple Watch?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by thefredelement, Apr 10, 2015.

1. thefredelement macrumors 65816

thefredelement

I think I'm a little too addicted to Nike fuel at this point to give up the fuel band. I started wearing it on my right wrist today to get used to it over there.

I know the Nike Running app can now access a heart rate from the watch, and it counts it's own fuel outside of the fuel band. I'm wondering if eventually (or if Nike does already) have some sort of fuel counter for the watch?

2. leeingham macrumors 6502

I have my Fuelband and a Jawbone Up24 - the latter has just been sold and currently trying to shift the fuelband as just don't think I will need to wear it tbh. I might wear both for a bit to see how much it matches but long run it won't be worn

3. thefredelement thread starter macrumors 65816

thefredelement

Just out of curiosity, do you have other people that you share Nike fuel with? I think that's on thing that keeps me hanging on, is the social part of it all. Plus I love the simplicity of fuel.

4. Supermallet macrumors 65816

Supermallet

What is the benefit of wearing both? Isn't the fuel app compatible with the Apple Watch?

5. leeingham macrumors 6502

I used to work at an Aplle store and we all got them upon release and then slowly but surely people got bored and didn't wear them so it's basically me on my lonesome now tbh

6. thefredelement thread starter macrumors 65816

thefredelement

I have no idea. I know the running app was updated with a heart rate metric but don't see anything in the fuel app. Unless I'm missing it?

7. leeingham, Apr 10, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2015

leeingham macrumors 6502

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/mar/09/apple-watch-apps-lowdown

8. thefredelement thread starter macrumors 65816

thefredelement

Thanks for that!

Edit, looks like fuel isn't yet part of the watch. Hopefully soon, until then I guess it's both for me.

9. leeingham macrumors 6502

Not a problem as I didn't know it either so 100% means end of the fuelband for me as don't need two of the same!

10. Mathletics macrumors member

Mathletics

I am selling my Fuelband SE, I have worn a Fuelband for 2+ years now but don't see a use for it after 4/24