Are You Going To Wait In Line?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nickspohn, Jun 22, 2008.

?

Are you going to wait in line?

1. I waited in line for the first iPhone, and plan on waiting in line on the 11th

13.2%
  2. I got an iPhone later on, but plan on waiting in line on the 11th

11.3%
  3. I don't own an iPhone yet, but plan on waiting in line on the 11th

24.0%
  4. I'm going to wing it, just drive by and see if there are any left.

43.1%
  5. I'm not getting the 3G iPhone.

7.8%
  1. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

For those of you (same goes for me) that spent some decent amount of time in line last year on June 29th, do you plan on doing it again?

Will this be your first time waiting in line for the iPhone?

2. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Double Parked out front of the Courthouse
    No, I'm going to watch all the crazy lines on the News. Maybe when the drama dies down... ;) :D

3. KDDatabase macrumors member

4. MacGeek7 macrumors 6502a

MacGeek7

I'm not waiting in line on launch date....but I might have to wait in line at a different date

5. okrelayer macrumors 6502a

im asking off for the day tomorrow, i am ready to wait in line.. what else do i have to do

6. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

7. justflie macrumors 6502a

justflie

I'll be in line, but later than I would like. The earliest I can get out of work is 3:30 EST. I'm assuming that the phone will be released at 6PM local time again. Oh well, better than not. I had a good 5.5 hour head start on the first iPhone, but I'm pretty sure 2.5 hours or so will be close enough for this version.

8. Justinerator macrumors 6502

Justinerator

I'm either going extremely early in the morning or the night before on the launch date, OR I'm going to go a couple days after it's released. That way, I won't have to wait in (as long as ) a line, but still get the new iphone! :D Apple had iphones in stock at their stores for the first week or so, so I assume it will be like that again.

Justin

9. Yr Blues macrumors 68020

As a protesting republican, I do not want to support AT&T who continues to work with this (and future) administration to destroy our civil-liberties.

On the other hand, I admit it's the most awesome cellular-phone ever made. ;)

10. lostfan916 macrumors 6502a

lostfan916

I think I'll show up around 5:30. Have to wait till teh mother gets off work since I'm not 18 yet. I told her to get out early but... :rolleyes:

11. bkea macrumors regular

I live 3 hours out of away from a main city in Australia so i doubt they will even get them on release date

12. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

I'll leave work at 5PST, drive to the local apple store and pick up the new one, no line, I'm positive.

13. DreamPod macrumors 65816

DreamPod

It really depends on when they go on sale. If it's not until 6pm, then no, I'll just leave work a little early and get there in time for the sale to start. If they go on sale when the store opens, however, I'll probably head out a couple hours early and see if there's a long line forming. If so, then I'll join it, otherwise I might just hang out at Starbucks until the place opens. See, I live within walking distance from an AT&T store, but my work is a 15 minute to hour drive from the same store (depending on traffic).

14. MacMaad macrumors member

Unfortunately, I'll be on vacation when they come out, so after all this waiting (waiting for my contract to end with Verizon, waiting for the new iPhone to be released) I'll be waiting even longer. Just hope they still have some in stock a week or so later.

If I was home, I'd at least go check out the line... if it was reasonable (an hour or two) I'd get in it.

15. Wavell macrumors regular

Wavell

Not this time around, no.. the iPhone 3G is evolutionary, whereas the 1st iPhone was revolutionary. There's a big difference.. don't get me wrong, the iPhone 3G is still an awesome piece of kit - but things have progressed in the last 12 months so for me at least, it's an upgrade as opposed to a lifestyle change ;)

16. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

I'm in Norman, Oklahoma... a college town, and since it's summer, there are very few other students here.

From what I can tell, there aren't too many townies that are going to be able to afford iPhones, so I don't see the lines at the AT&T store being too long. There appears to be only one AT&T store that sells iPhones in town though. I'll probably just head over a little after lunch (assuming a 6 PM launch) to see how it is. If it's too long, I'll probably just head to OKC to go to the nearest Apple Store, where I'm sure they'll have more stock.

17. maverick808 macrumors 65816

maverick808

The poll is far too wordy and has too many choices. Indeed, there's not even a clear "No" option. It should just say "Yes" or "No".

18. sunfast macrumors 68020

sunfast

I'm getting the phone on launch day but I'd be surprised if there are any lines worth mentioning. There weren't last time (except at the apple store)

19. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

I'll definitely be @ either an AT&T store or Apple store on launch. I'm taking the day off to get an idea of how the lines, if there are any, will be.

20. MacMalv macrumors regular

i wont waste a whole day waiting in line, (unless there will be food and drink and entertainment), so i will go down maybe 2 hours before and hopefully it wont be too long.

21. MrCatMan macrumors member

Was in line for the UK launch but will pass on the 13 hour queue this time, will walk down to an 02 store this time.

22. earnjam macrumors 6502a

earnjam

Agreed. I waited in line last time, but I'm not going to this time. I'm still going to get the 3G iPhone (just not launch day), so I don't fit the "I'm not buying" category.

If you're doing a poll, you have to make the answers general enough to apply to every case. If you aren't going to do that, you need to make your question more specific so that people who don't fit an answer aren't the target audience.

How about something simple here like "Yes", "No", and "I'm not sure yet".

23. albeli macrumors 6502

albeli

Short/indoor line, probably.

Long/outdoor line, no way.

24. CalmEnvy macrumors 6502a

No way, I never wait in a line for anything on it's release date. The only exception will be The Dark Knight midnight showing. I'll be there 2 hours before the showing.

25. edtorious macrumors 65816

edtorious

I wanna get 3G and I would wait in line but at least they should take pre-orders!:mad: I don't usually get in line for something I'm not sure if I will get it or not. Who would want to wait in line and then found out later for some reason (and I bet it will have to do something with all those activation in store:mad:) you are not able to get it! That will suck big time :(.