Are you guys buying a screen protector for your new iphone?!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by shankar2, Sep 26, 2013.

1. shankar2 macrumors 6502

Hey I'm debating whether or not to buy a screen protector for my iphone 5s.

The one apple sells for iphone 5 is of matte finish and so the screen becomes slightly dull.

Any recommendations please? Thanks!

2. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

I've been thinking about it. One time I used one and I don't think I put it on right because it would always pick up crumbs and fuzz from my purse around the edges? :confused:

3. legioxi macrumors 6502a

I dropped my iPhone 5 tons of times, beat the crap out of it, case was all mangled with scratches and a dent on the back. Front glass? Not a scratch.

No screen protector for me.

4. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

Thats how I feel. The front grass is what survives the most. I'll probably get a back film to prevent scratches since I'm not using a case, but front will remain free.

5. carrieann macrumors member

6. billycuth macrumors 6502a

power support usa screen protector out of the box. The one weird thing is, it has an extra hole near the camera.

I used power support for my 4s - best one hands down. but it appears they have been bought out by a japanese company and now the quality is not as good. in addition to the extra hole, it has a wavy appearance. doesn't affect screen quality at all, but it is annoying to look at when the phone is not in use.

7. richpuer macrumors 6502

ive the opposite problem. i used a screen protector on the 5 for a year already and when i peeled it off to change screen protector to a new one, i noticed SEVERAL FINE SCRATCHES all over the screen (clearly visible when viewing the surface at an angle under the light, looking dead on, there is nothing). WTH is a screen protector for if i still get scratches...im realling going to think this through now. bizarre

8. celly macrumors 6502

I rock the Moshi matte protector on my 4s because it's easy to install (no bubbles ever) and is reusuable (just clean with soapy water, rinse and dry). Goes on again very sticky (had to deal with that the other day). I have one ready to go for the 5s when it arrives.

I prefer the matte finish of these protectors because I use the phone outside a fair bit and glare on a naked screen or glossy protector is distracting for me. The Moshi kills the glare and the screen still looks great. Just a bit different than naked.

I don't use a protector with my iPad because it's usually inside. I still have to wipe fingerprints often. Not the case with the Moshi.

You'll find a lot of opinions on whether to go with a protector or not. The Gorilla Glass really is tough so you should be fine without.

With the iPhone being in my pocket a fair bit, I also like the extra protection afforded by the Moshi. Only downside I've found is the Speck Pixel HD case tends to displace the protector a bit. Not an issue with the many other cases I use.

Do what feels right for you.

9. jcastillo20059 macrumors member

I've been using Invisible Shield since they started the company. You can't beat their lifetime warranty, anytime they become dirty I just get a new one. I have the extreme version on my 5s and I love it! Can't go wrong.

10. deeddawg macrumors 603

Each to their own. Personally I like having the peace of mind, so I bought a Green Onions Supply oleophobic. It went on easy, can't tell it's there.

Here's the deal - my wife and daughter sometimes need to use my phone.
    They often wear earrings. Earrings + phone screen + animated conversation = potential for scratches at least to the coating. I've seen what happens to their phones screen protectors. :D

11. redlinux macrumors regular

redlinux

Yes..I always get front & back protectors everytime.

12. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

That can happen if you get fine dust under it, when applying.

And in regards to myself, no! I don't use them. They annoy me.