Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

So

• Yes

Votes: 180 42.6%
  • No

Votes: 123 29.1%
  • Almost

Votes: 103 24.3%
  • Not sure

Votes: 17 4.0%

• Total voters

redman042

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2008
I’m very impressed with this release. There are tweaks and improvements throughout the OS. I have seen a few minor bugs but those haven’t impacted my use of the phone and I know iOS 13.1 is coming very soon.

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
Meh.

Happy about Silence Unknown Callers (got one of these calls just minutes after updated). Dark mode, like, but too many apps that are not compatible with it.

Hate: Podcasts app has taken many steps backward re: stability. All kinds of freezes, podcasts stop playing, skips to next, removes unplayed podcasts from playlists/stations. Ugh!

Reactions: martyjmclean

sgtaylor5

Contributor
Aug 6, 2017
Cheney, WA, USA
Just finished updating via iTunes and a cable. Wanted to wait for 13.1, but the drop date for that is next Tuesday and a workday. Wanted to get used to it on a free day.

Looks good so far, but the share sheet is very limiting. I couldn't even access Instaweb to make multi-page PDF's out of websites. I know Safari has it now, but I liked and paid for Instaweb. Kinda switching to Firefox and Bitwarden.

Cancelled
Jun 30, 2017
Just finished updating via iTunes and a cable. Wanted to wait for 13.1, but the drop date for that is next Tuesday and a workday. Wanted to get used to it on a free day.

Looks good so far, but the share sheet is very limiting. I couldn't even access Instaweb to make multi-page PDF's out of websites. I know Safari has it now, but I liked and paid for Instaweb. Kinda switching to Firefox and Bitwarden.

The share sheet is an utter mess. It pops/proposes the wrong apps, it proposes irrelevant shortcut actions, and it clearly favours iMessage over, for example, whatsapp.

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68030
Jul 4, 2012
It seems to work fine for me but ?? Somethings seem strange like key click sound is very loud. Several other things seem as if screen is too sensitive sometimes. I'll get used to it but I think OK but not perfect

thewhitehart

macrumors 65816
Jul 9, 2005
The town without George Bailey
I like it but have three problems.
1. Push mail is fussy. Sometimes Mail shows a new message badge, but when opening the app, the new mail isn’t there.
2. Many of my photos no longer show their location above the date and time. I have to scroll up on individual photos to access the map. This happens randomly.
3. I can’t connect to SMB shares that I can reach using the Mac Finder.

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
Liking the dark mode, finding obvious bugs, many apps are not compatible with dark mode yet as expected. My main issue is that the shortcut widget is not showing all the shortcuts it’s supposed to show. Bit of a pain at present.

Reactions: skillwill

Oohara

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2012
Really enjoying it so far on my 7 Plus. Loving the Apple Arcade games too!

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
I am looking forward to it more on my iPad than my iphone.

Currently, with my 8+, I am not really seeing any game-changing features. So far, the benefits for me have been:

1) The revised volume changer icon
2) Dark mode (eh)
3) Some apps seem a little faster and smoother (safari in particular)
4) I connected a bluetooth mouse to my phone and turned on assistive touch for the giggles
5) For some reason, I tried connecting a flash drive to my iPhone via a powered lightning-USB adaptor but it just wouldn't recognise it

That seems pretty much it.

With my iPad Pro, I am anticipating external drive support, desktop safari, the new home screen, sidecar with my iMac, the new floating keyboard, and better support for Apple Pencil and Face ID. I have a 1tb T5 drive locked and ready to connect.

aevan

macrumors 601
Feb 5, 2015
Serbia
It does have a few bugs, but even with that, iOS 13 and iPadOS are my most favorite iOS updates in a long time - maybe even of all time. iPadOS is the best thing that happened to iPads, perhaps since iPad. But I’m also surprised how much I like it on the phone as well. Dark Mode looks really nice on iPhones, nicer than it seemed on photos. Also, I love how the new 3D/Haptic touch looks now. Not only that, but the new, sharper sound that goes along the haptics is even nicer. I’m sad that 3D touch tech is going away, but we’re getting it on iPads too, which is great. And there are more haptics all around, so I’m happy - the taptic engine is one of the best features of iPhones and it’s not talked about that much.

With that said - I wish the long press supported widgets on iPad (like on iPhone). No idea why it’s not there. Also, I really wish there was the same clicky sound on iPads as well, even without the haptic vibration.

Anyway, love iOS 13 and iPadOS. Visually, I feel it’s the best and most mature version since iOS 7 and feature-wise, it’s just great. The major features are just great, and there are so many little things (like, Bedtime now visible in Alarms, which I just discovered this morning). Apple always does these little improvements that I just love discovering.

Reactions: Raist3001

TheSkywalker77

macrumors 68030
Sep 9, 2017
I’ve been using it since the first betas and absolutely love it. Once you can get passed the bugs it’s actually a great release with a ton of features we’ve been asking for. I still haven’t gotten over the removal of most 3D Touch features. But other than that I enjoy it.

killhippie

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2016
UK
This many bugs is annoying as hell, lets hope they get squashed quickly. I miss the slick feel of iOS 11 at launch.

aevan

macrumors 601
Feb 5, 2015
Serbia
That seems pretty much it.

Real download manager in Safari, much improved and rethought automation, very carefully designed Dark Mode (with usual Apple details you may have missed - read Federico Viticci’s iOS/iPadOS review if interested), 3D/haptic touch improvements, noticeable performance improvements, external drive support (on iPhones, too), DualShock 4 and Xbox controller support alongside Apple Arcade, more natural Siri... and that’s not counting numerous improvements in maps, keyboard, ARKit, HomeKit, visual and functional tweaks, Apple Sign-in, etc.

Just for iPhones alone (not even mentioning the insane iPad features) this is one of the most feature-rich, packed releases ever. Literally every aspect of the OS has been improved and there are a bunch of new features.

Reactions: madrich
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.