Are you happy with your 16 GB?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by -Josh-, Mar 11, 2008.

1. -Josh- macrumors regular

Hey all,
    I'm having a rough decision on which iPhone I should get, the 16 GB or the 8? Which one did you choose and are you satisfied?

Thanks,

Josh

2. AGSHender macrumors regular

AGSHender

Very happy with my 16 GB model. I have 1808 songs on my iPod with 1.6 GB free out of a 14.8 GB capacity. Plenty of music to go around.

3. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

Really?
    I have 2800 songs and it only takes up 12 GB.

4. William Gates macrumors 6502

William Gates

I have an 8gb i got on the day of the price cut. I am very satisfied with it and it suits my needs, but when it comes to storage, more = better everytime. As soon as they release a 32gb 3G iPhone it's mine!

5. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I have 2600 songs on my 16GB with about 2.5 GB left. All the songs on this iPhone are purchases from iTunes so most are 128 KBPS. You can fit more or less depending upon how your music was encoded and how long the songs are.

I'm not so sure the battery life is the same as my 8GB but that may be just because I tend to use the 16GB more because of all the music on it.

Other than the storage space, the 8GB and the 16GB are the same.

6. AGSHender macrumors regular

AGSHender

I rip at 192 Kbps for MP3s and Apple lossless for others, hence my capacity.

7. sadilak macrumors member

Wait for the next version. It is going to be much faster(3G or 4G) and will essentially cost the same as the current model(s)

8. AGSHender macrumors regular

AGSHender

You don't know that for sure, and you don't know when it's coming out. There's rampant speculation in this forum everywhere from June to November. Besides, Apple might release a 3G iPhone as the "iPhone Pro" and charge a premium for it. Who knows?

9. sadilak macrumors member

Yep So true. I will get one the day Verizon announces support for GSM and Non Verizon branded cell phones(They said summer 2008 or fall 2008)

10. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

No, not even close. Verizon won't offer support for GSM until LTE, which won't roll out for another 3 years or so.

11. trogdor! macrumors regular

I love my 16gb, I rip in apple lossless, so more space is always welcome in my book.

12. Stardotboy macrumors regular

I bought the 8GB model on cost grounds, and I'm perfectly happy with it.

If a model existed that could hold my entire music library (40GB+) then I would be very tempted by it, but if you can't fit your whole library onto either existing model then you're going to have to manage what goes on the device one way or another anyway.

Personally I've been really pleasantly surprised how far 8GB goes and still wouldn't go for the 16GB for the extra money.