Are you happy with your Apple Leather Case?

Are you happy with your Apple Leather Case?

• Yes

Votes: 58 70.7%
  • No

Votes: 7 8.5%
  • Mixed feelings

Votes: 17 20.7%

• Total voters

TNThomas

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
I thought it maybe would be nice to see in a poll if people are happy with their Apple Leather Case. :)
Leave your vote please!

Premium1

macrumors 6502a
Jan 26, 2013
I would be interested to know the colors that everyone selected and to see if there is a common theme with certain colors wearing faster than others or if it just seems to be hit or miss. So if you could post what color you had that would be great.

TNThomas

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
I would be interested to know the colors that everyone selected and to see if there is a common theme with certain colors wearing faster than others or if it just seems to be hit or miss. So if you could post what color you had that would be great.
What I have read is the black one the only one that doesn't wear as fast.

Grayburn

macrumors 68000
Jul 12, 2010
London, England
I've had a Black case since the day the were on sale and i've not one complaint about it, it even protected my phone from a drop on to the pavement from pocket height.

TNThomas

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
I've had a Black case since the day the were on sale and i've not one complaint about it, it even protected my phone from a drop on to the pavement from pocket height.
Does it show any wear?

terko

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2013
Estonia

Padini

macrumors newbie
Dec 15, 2013
I got the black one because the dirt that the case picks up over time is not so obvious.

iFalcon

macrumors 6502
Sep 6, 2007
Does anyone know if a similar style case exists for the iPhone 4S? My wife loves the case and would like it for the 4S.

Thanks a bunch!

AFDoc

macrumors 68030
Jun 29, 2012
Colorado Springs USA for now
I heard that from a few people now...
How did it break?
Simple act of removal was what did it in for me. It happened several weeks s/p picking it up.

----------

The answer is a resounding "NO". I did love the feel and look of the case. However, less than a month of using the case it looked horrible and worn. I had the product RED.
Looks horrible? Mine is darker on the edges than yours and I say that's "normal" coloration. You have oil on your hands/face/body. That will get on the leather and darken it. Other than the break in mine I love the look. I think people's expectations are silly if they want the leather to never change color.

TNThomas

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
Does the black case get lighter due to sweaty hands?
A bit of a wierd question, I know... ;)

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
Simple act of removal was what did it in for me. It happened several weeks s/p picking it up.

----------

Looks horrible? Mine is darker on the edges than yours and I say that's "normal" coloration. You have oil on your hands/face/body. That will get on the leather and darken it. Other than the break in mine I love the look. I think people's expectations are silly if they want the leather to never change color.
Yes horrible. I don't mind the color fading which did happen but the wearing of red to black is unacceptable. Especially in less than a month of normal use.

Last edited:

vandoorn

macrumors regular
May 31, 2011
Got the black one and i'm absolutely happy with it. Especially now i know a way to easy remove the case it's just an amazing case.

Just so that everybody knows. Try to remove the case from the bottom. Pop out both bottom corners and push the phone out the case from the back. It takes me just 2 seconds now to remove it :)

TNThomas

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
Got the black one and i'm absolutely happy with it. Especially now i know a way to easy remove the case it's just an amazing case.

Just so that everybody knows. Try to remove the case from the bottom. Pop out both bottom corners and push the phone out the case from the back. It takes me just 2 seconds now to remove it :)
Alright, nice to hear! :)

jehartley

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2012
I was not at all happy with my red and tan cases...they ended up looking horrible rather quickly, but I have been extremely happy with the black one. You get all of the great things about the case and the black doesn't show the wear.

If you love the Apple cases and want to use it, the black color is the only way to go.

thelookingglass

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2005
The black looks great, but I remove my case often and the case just doesn't feel like it'll hold up well over time. Other than that, I generally like the case although I still don't think it's worth $40.

jbachandouris

macrumors 601
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY
First I had the project RED. Love the color when new. HATE the color when dirty. I found no 'safe' way to clean it. Exchanged for black. Hides the dirt, but BORING.:(