Are you happy with your Apple Watch?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by string3599, Apr 25, 2015.

?

Are you happy with your watch?

1. Yes

114 vote(s)
    95.0%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    5.0%
  1. string3599 macrumors newbie

Simple question, either yes or no. May help some of us on the fence.

2. CmdrLaForge macrumors 68040

CmdrLaForge

Yes, but my battery life is definitely worse then expected. I have only one day of usage so lets see how this evolves...

3. Phima256 macrumors regular

Battery life is the only downer so far, but the second day and charge was much better than the first. Need more time with the watch to see how it fairs overall.

4. string3599 thread starter macrumors newbie

5. Kavier, Apr 25, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2015

Kavier macrumors 6502a

Kavier

I am very happy. It's much better than the reviews made it seem. I even used Apple Pay at Whole Foods today with my phone in the car and it worked flawlessly.

6. Vundu macrumors 65816

Vundu

Couple of minor gripes that can be fixed in firmware updates. Overall very happy with it.

7. KPOM macrumors G5

Yes. Battery life is what I expected, or slightly better. This should last me through the day easily.

8. DC Wallaby macrumors regular

Aside from having to adjust to a new user interface and different input methods (which has gone pretty smoothly, in all honesty), it's been great. I'm mostly using its built-in features/applications for now while I figure it out and assess how they impact battery life. Siri, texting, phone calls, activity tracking, and I gave Passbook a try at Starbucks today.

I've added a few third-party apps, such as Calcbot and Workflow, but I haven't done much with them yet. I kinda want to wait until developers start getting a handle on the way their Watch apps/extensions should work before I start going nuts with the apps.

Slow and steady, right?

9. greatcapp macrumors newbie

Battery life way better than expected so far. Massively better than my old Gear Live.

10. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

Yes. It's a lot more polished than I thought it would be for a first gen and nowhere near as buggy as some of the reviews made it out to be. It's usefulness will only increase as developers make more apps for it.

11. jbizzybeetle macrumors regular

Yes! 42mm SS Milanese. Learning more and more. Siri on map works so easy!

12. Alith macrumors 6502

Battery life was better than expected on 1st day of use.

Since last full charge
    Usage: 2 hours, 32 minutes
    Standby: 22 hours, 21 minutes

30% battery remaining.

13. backfire103 macrumors member

Agreed. After taking it off charge at 7AM today, and now it being 5:30 I have only lost 30% with moderate use. I'm very surprised so far.

14. gigapocket1 macrumors 6502a

I'm very happy so far.. Getting used to the buttons is pretty hard.. And it's working just like it's designed for! I only use it to check the alerts..
    The only downer is the workout can't track more but I mean. How is it suppose to track what weights I'm lifting. You know?
    Also working out kills the battery! I worked out for an hour a half this morning.
    Took it off the charger at 5am. Worked out at 7 till 8:30.. Was at 65%. I was afraid it wouldn't make the whole day so I put it on the charger while I showered.. Got it back up to 84%. Here it is not 5:30 in the afternoon and it's at 62%.. So now I know that it can make it thru the day even with me working out! Which is great

15. CooKieMoNs7eR macrumors 68000

CooKieMoNs7eR

How about a 3rd option for "I haven't received it yet":D:D

16. IllusionEntity macrumors 6502

IllusionEntity

Are you happy with your Apple Watch?

I've have played with my watch (42mm) way more than I would when it's not a new toy. I took it off of charge at 10am and I now have 33% left at 22:42. More than sufficient battery life if you ask me. Considering its size.

17. leenak macrumors 68020

Oh yeah, I used it at Wegman's today and apple pay was very easy.

18. string3599 thread starter macrumors newbie

So it looks like over 95% are happy with it, pretty overwhelming majority.