Are you happy with your Bluetooth mouse and keyboard ?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by wts, Jan 10, 2010.

1. wts macrumors member

wts

Not more then a month ago i bought the late 2009 iMac 3.06GHz that comes with a Blue mouse and keyboard.

Within a couple of days i purchased a USB full keyboard because the Blue keyboard has no side bar number keys.

Now i am within hours of throwing away my Blue mouse.

One gripe is that this mouse eats batteries for breakfast. I use duracell batteries and they are nearly dead within a couple of weeks.

Also, the pointer action is very eradict: for example as i type the pointer just jumps and the a page just scrols down or up without my touching the mouse.

Are you happy with your Bluetooth mouse ?

2. Random Gemini macrumors newbie

I am very happy with my magic mouse.

I will say, I had problems with the wireless mighty mouse chewing through batteries, periodically getting lost and freaking out for no reason that I could discern... but the magic mouse has been a dream to use, I'm still using the batteries that it came with and I bought it the day they came out.

We haven't picked up a BT keyboard yet, but I have friends that have them and love them. I keep meaning to pick one up, but I just haven't done it yet.

3. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

I love the magic mouse, however I have the well documented problem of an old bluetooth keyboard and the draining batteries caused by the Magic Mouse not letting the keyboard go to stand-by.

Very annoying at the moment, in fact so annoying that I have reverted back to my old logitech mouse, until a fix is released.

4. Ardoptres macrumors regular

I'd like to go Wireless, but the fact that the BT keyboards don't have the side bar number keys makes me stay wired.

5. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Likewise. I don't need the number pad much, but when I do, I really need it. It's impossible to touch-type on the row of number keys.

6. senseless macrumors 68000

senseless

I kept the keyboard, but shelved the Magic Mouse. The scroll function has a mind of it's own.

7. blake836 macrumors newbie

I have the older bluetooth keyboard and the magic mouse.

I am delighted with both. Yes at first I missed the numeric keypad but I have gotten used to that now. I might just of been lucky but I have had no problems with battery life on either device.

8. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

I've owned the Apple wireless for a year and the Magic Mouse for two months. Zero complaints. I love this combination with rechargeable batteries.

9. Kevin Rohrer macrumors newbie

Kevin Rohrer

I got my 27" iMac last Friday w/ the wireless mouse and wired, full-size keyboard. I love all three and have not had a problem.

10. razorboy1969 macrumors newbie

razorboy1969

I'm using a Logitech V470 laser bluetooth mouse with my 09 MBP, and so far it works great. I got the white one, and it complements perfectly with the aluminum unibody. Initial lag when mouse has been idle for a while, but otherwise the connection is solid. Battery life looks okay. Been using it for about a month now with intensive gaming on boot camp XP. My only gripe is that the click wheel is not programmable when gaming, even with SetPoint installed.

11. sonnyh macrumors newbie

We bought the 21.5 imac with a full wired keyboard. This was suggested by the Apple store. Besides the side keyboard there is the usb port which I use for camera connection or jump drive. Hate to keep fiddling around with the monitor to plug in devices, plus running out of usb ports. I checked yesterday the magic mouse properties as we experienced the screen scrolling on its own a bit. (Why they call it magic mouse I guess?). I changed the setting from "with momentum" to "without" to see if it solves the problem. No definate answer yet. I was surprised to see that there was two "AA" batteries. I expected "AAA". My wife likes the MS mouse because it has the back button on its side (if that still works). I might use that instead of the magic mouse. Also, I don't like the noise it makes when moving it on the desk (petty I guess).

12. Habitus macrumors 6502a

Habitus

I had a wireless mighty mouse, but as you pointed out, it went through batteries like nothing.

I use a wired Apple keyboard; it has the number pad.

Those who have the magic mouse: how is it on batteries?

Habitus :apple: