Are you having any problems with Leopard on your MPP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by 22Hertz, Jul 9, 2008.

1. 22Hertz macrumors regular

I bought Leopard but have held off installing it because of all the incompatibilities and quirks.

Has Leopard gotten to the point of "safe" to install?

I have Tiger and it is STABLE as a rock, so I wouldnt want to lose that.

2. hipvamore macrumors regular

after the last major software update i think they worked out most of the problems with leopard. i personally have not ran into any. good luck i'd' recommend it!

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Forgive my ignorance, but what's a "MPP"?

4. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

I thought it was OPP... "You down with OPP (Yeah you know me)".

5. MojoWill macrumors 6502

i have been running leopard since day one and havent had any problems yet! :apple:

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Leopard runs great on my MacBook Pro.... no problems!

7. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

I've been running Leopard since the day it came out on my 15" Macbook Pro and I haven't had any issues.

8. merc669 macrumors 6502

merc669

I installed Leopard when it was released. And the only problem I had then and still do now is having my MBP see my windows shares directories like they did in Tiger. Apple as far as I know, has not fixed that issue. But other than that Leopard is fine.

Bill.....:apple:

9. operator207 macrumors 6502

I do not see what your seeing. My PB with Tiger on it saw shares domain and workgroup just fine on XP 2k and Vista. My New MBP with Leopard sees them just fine, infact I am a bit tired of seeing EVERYONES machine on the domain. Though my machine is not on the domain, just the network.

I do not want to take this thread off topic, but I am interested in what your seeing.

10. orangeillini14 macrumors regular

I bought my new MBP two weeks ago and I have had a flawless experience with Leopard, I love it.

11. noodle654 macrumors 68020

noodle654

I installed Leopard the day it came out on my MacBook...ran flawlessly. Sold my MacBook to buy my MBP and I have had no problems.

12. merc669 macrumors 6502

merc669

Basically I have file sharing set for all computers along with SMB and AFP. Workgroup is set for MSHOME as are the rest of the computers. I have also tried to set it for "WORKGROUP". But this will not hold. I can go to the different computers from the "Go" Menu and Connect To Server. Then I can connect until I reboot. Then have to do it over again. Tried different solutions found on different forums. On occasion one or the other will pop up but its completely random. Tiger saw the other two computers all the time. Not sure what the problem is. Its not a showstopper, more of an irritant. Thanks....But agree do not want to shift from the original topic!

Bill.....:apple: