Are you having trouble with FastMac?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by truckyforme, Jan 11, 2010.

1. truckyforme macrumors newbie

I ordered a battery for my 15" mbp unibody on November 15th and my order is still in processing status. By the end of December I managed to contact a representative who commented they didn't have the battery and that they didn't know when it would be available. When I asked to cancel the order I inmediately received an email saying the battery would be sent that same day (that was Dec. 23th). I've been trying to contact sales in FastMac but they seem to be dropping my calls until today when I tried a different option on the phone... They have assured me that my order is coming out today, but this seems a bit odd to me.

Have you had a similar experience?

Thanks in advance with your answers..

Ricardo

UPDATE: Next day after posting this, I managed to contact a Fastmac representative and she agreed to send the battery. It´s in shipping status though the physical shipment has not yet happened.
    UPDATE 20/01. The battery finally arrived today, though I didn´t have time to open the package. Hope everything is ok.

2. truckyforme thread starter macrumors newbie

Beware of fastmac: 3 cycles - 80% capacity!!!

After a two month wait, the battery finally arrives and surprisingly it already has 2 cycles!!! After a complete discharge (with a scarce 2:30 h of battery life), the battery shows only an 80% full capacity on 3rd cycle!!!!

F**k!!

3. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

Do some web searches on them to see how many other people are having issues. Did you pay with a cc? You may be able to get some relief through the cc company as an "item not as described" kind of thing.

4. truckyforme thread starter macrumors newbie

Unfortunately I paid through paypal :(

Besides, It´s been more than two months since I did the payment.

5. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

Contact paypal and see if they can do something for you - tell them you have promises of shipping that predate their 60 day (I think) deadline for claims.

6. solmaker macrumors member

Though I haven't ordered from them recently, in the past I had very good experiences with FastMac, and their slimline Blu-Ray drive is the bomb!

solmaker

7. gadgetdad macrumors 6502a

gadgetdad

I knew I should have searched before ordering through them. I thought 2 weeks was a long time to process, but since november. ick

Hopefully I dont have issues whenever I finally get mine.

8. 6-0 Prolene macrumors 6502

FWIW, I ordered a FastMac battery around the same time, got it a week later, and have been very pleased with it.