are you having WiFi problems on ipad 3 ?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by rob12770, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Rodster macrumors 68040

Thanks for posting but it's old news. I've had one dropout which caused me to turn off and turn on my iPad 3. That's been the only incident since i've owned it. :)

2. rob12770 thread starter macrumors member

i know its old news, but thats what im all about, in fact, its only old news if youve heard it before..i hadnt.

3. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

I believe this was only specific to the wifi only models right? I have a 4G one and never had any issues with my wifi (so far)

4. kobiano macrumors member

I just got mine (32g wifi only) 4 days ago, WIFI works like a champ so far

5. yateseyd1991 macrumors regular

Had problems with my 16GB WiFi iPad 3, poor WiFi reception and random drop outs when streaming video from Netflix, YouTube etc. Got it replaced at the Genius Bar earlier in the week and this one seems much better :)

:apple: iPhone 4S 32GB White, iPad 3 16GB WiFi Black, iPod Nano 6G 8GB, iPod Classic 5.5G 30GB, Shure SE425's :apple:

6. PrometheusGeek macrumors regular

I have a 4g model (Verizon), and have experienced some sporadic, inconsistent WiFi dropouts on my home router. Ive updated the firmware, done all the things that the forums suggest, etc... which usually results in improvement for a time, and them the blinking WiFi icon and the dropouts return. Then they go away. Then they come back. I've concluded that it's environmental interference, probably from a nearby router in the neighborhood. It seems that iPads and iPhones are more susceptible to interference than the wireless receivers in laptops and computers. Changing the channel on my router periodically seems to help...

7. 62tele macrumors 6502a

I've had a 32gb wifi since launch day with absolutely zero problems at home or with public wifi!

8. Drag'nGT macrumors 68000

Drag'nGT

I haven't noticed issues with signal loss or with speed drops but I did notice something when I was on a road trip. I could see more wifi connections on my iPhone than on my iPad at times. It seems that the iPhone has a stronger wifi antenna than the iPad.

9. Mercury6 macrumors member