Are you keeping your 6s plus as a backup?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by richxps, Oct 19, 2016.

1. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

anyone plan on keeping their 6s plus when they get the 7 ? I'm tempted to sell mine but I'm wondering if it's worth keeping it on the side.

2. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

I initially was going to sell my 6s Plus. But keeping it and using it in my car has been a benefit with the 3.5 Jack and charging it at the same time. And the 6s Plus serves as a nice 'In between' for my iPad. The 6s really is a power house iPhone and I feel keeping it is the best thing anyways for me.

I was also tempted to sell mine, however, with the amount of fraud with EBay and Swappa has due to Paypals six months buyer protection, I would be angered if I lost my my money and my mint 6s Plus. Unless you sell directly through Craigslist, even so, is not as a fluent for Cell phone sales as it once was. At least in my opinion.

3. janeauburn macrumors 6502a

janeauburn

eBay has become a minefield for sellers. It's essentially a crap shoot. Any idiot can rip you off with ease.

4. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

It's unfortunate too. eBay was my go to for selling. Now I can't take the risk anymore for selling high end electronics. Even buying Apple products is risky from some of these third party vendors.

5. richxps thread starter macrumors 65816

richxps

Wow I guess eBay is not a option anymore , I have mine listed but I'm going to cancel it, I have a bidder that only has 2 ratings

6. Appleloves22 macrumors 6502

Appleloves22

The Att trade in was too tempting so I turned it in. I usually do keep my old phones as back up. I still have the 5.

7. Sunny1990 Suspended

Sunny1990

I still has my launch date iPhone 6S Plus, keeping it as backup phone

8. fraile macrumors member

fraile

I sold mine on Craigslist to a super friendly guy on Sunday. It took an incredibly long time to find a good buyer but it was worth it in the end. No use having 2 phones.

9. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

I traded my 6s Plus in to AT&T as well. I'd like to have kept it, though.

And I still have my 5s! :)

10. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

Once I get 7 I will certainly sell the 6S - not rich enough to keep it. :)

11. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Gave mine to T Mobile.

My 6+ was worth $200-$300 max. Got a $650 phone instead :)

12. johnothy macrumors regular

johnothy

I don't want to give up my 6S Plus either. It is such a solid phone!

13. JulesJam macrumors 68020

JulesJam

Traded in the iP6 x 3 for the $650 bill credit, will keep the iP6s as a back up for now.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 25, 2016 ---
    I have never been scammed on swappa. I insist on a confirmed paypal address and I google them before I ship.

14. daviddth macrumors 6502a

daviddth

Mine went to my 17 year old daughter, who promptly dropped it and broke the screen. 2 years with a minimal case and barely a mark. 2 days and she broke the screen - ARGH! So no I'm not keeping mine as a backup :(

15. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

That's great. But that Doesn't mean it doesn't happen, because it does. Just less frequent than the fraud pool EBay is. And you should take extra precautions when purchasing from unknown sellers. Any reasonable and logical person would want to cover themselves as much as possible.

16. JulesJam macrumors 68020

JulesJam

Happens more frequently on ebay.

17. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

I understand that. Which I already previously quoted to you "Just less frequent than the fraud pool eBay is." Meaning it happens more on eBay than Swappa.

18. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Last three times I used eBay two of the buyer did not pay and the third asked if they could get the item now and make payments.

19. big samm macrumors 65816

I always keep all my iPhones as back up since the 3G model, so not selling ever!

20. jerryk macrumors 68020

21. SAIRUS macrumors 6502a

My 6S Plus has sentimental reasons for staying around, as I was joking around with it when I proposed to my wife. That and I travel a lot, so it doesn't hurt to have something to fall back on.