are you naked with your phone now?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by WhySoSerious, Jun 24, 2008.

?

Case or No Case with the plastic 3G?

1. My 3G plastic phone will always go uncovered

23 vote(s)
    44.2%
  2. My 3G plastic phone will always have a case covering it

21 vote(s)
    40.4%
  3. My 3G plastic phone will be uncovered until defects litter the back; then cover it with a case

8 vote(s)
    15.4%
  1. WhySoSerious macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

The 3G plastic case has been a hot topic lately with tons of speculation surrounding the quality of it holding up from the stresses of daily use.

Some think the 3G is so sexy they don't want to cover it, some don't care how the phone even looks because they will cover it with a case anyway.

I'm curious how people feel now knowing what the plastic case will entail with regard to being WAY more scratch/scuff/smudge/crack prone.

Last year at this time, a poll was presented just like this one...only it involved the v1 iPhone with the sleek and sexy alluminum back. If you look at the results and read the replies....almost everyone was proud to show off the sexy iPhone. I'm curious if people are in the same mindset NOW with the plastic 3G back.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=323556&highlight=poll+cover

My question is posed in the poll above for everyone.

2. Aravintht macrumors 6502a

3. alejovh1 macrumors regular

4. slicecom macrumors 68020

5. Pandora01 macrumors regular

Mine will have an invisible shield, like my current iPod touch. I may get a carrying case for clipping it to my belt or purse, etc., but I would take it out of the case to use it.

6. Diveflo macrumors regular

I didn't put a cover on the current iPhone because I LOVE the aluminium-feeling. But well if it feels like iPhone plastic or invisible shield plastic doesn't matter so it'll get one.

7. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Call me a wussie then because my iPhone is in a case now and will remain the same with the iPhone 3G.

8. alFR macrumors 68020

You need a "I've not decided yet because no-one really knows how scratch-prone the new one will be" option.

9. WhySoSerious thread starter macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

no i don't.

it's not super plastic....i'm pretty sure you and others can use logical reasoning to figure out how much plastic will scratch and grease up....and you can always view the ilounge photos.

10. yode macrumors 6502

Yea, that would be my choice. I'm gonna wait for PCWORLD to do a scratch test :)