ARE YOU READY FOR OCT. 27th.?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by ET iPhone Home, Oct 20, 2016.

1. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

I read about the Oct. 27th. announcement of the MacBook Pros unveiling, but according to some youtube speculations, there's no definitive on the MBA. Anyone know? I don't mind transitioning over to a 13.3" rMBP; I've been accustomed to my 2011 MBA. I am ready for an upgrade.

2. Bel Marduk macrumors newbie

As much as I would love an updated MBA, I think the writing is on the wall for further updates. Hope I'm wrong!

3. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

I think it's safe to say, Most have been ready for years.

4. Macgyver1 macrumors member

Macgyver1

October 27th, where you been all my life? I've got my costume all readied up for the monster ball(A giant Apple).

Trick or repeat?

5. Snappers macrumors member

I wish Apple would fix Time Machine. I can't seem to fast forward to October 27th. Bug in macOS perhaps?

6. Starfia macrumors 6502

Starfia

People seem to be oddly optimistic about the MacBook Air, but I feel like all they've indicated about themselves suggests the Air is currently in final form. They've already added a thinner, lighter and more forward-thinking notebook in the same class; the remaining reasons to buy an Air seem to be lower cost or preference for the current-day ports which they seem more interested in leaving out of new entry-level notebooks. I think they might leave the Air and drop the price, but I'd be surprised to see more than that.

7. Macgyver1 macrumors member

Macgyver1

Flux capacitor needs a reboot?

8. Mal67 macrumors 6502a

Possibly 1 usbc and 1 usba port? Higher resolution screen without going retina. Plenty of windows machines have 1900 x 1080. Skylake or Kabylake processor. So long as they have a reasonably priced model with something updated I think most would be happy. I know I would. :)

9. Boyd01, Oct 22, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2016

Boyd01 macrumors 68040

Boyd01

Since you would no doubt need the USB-C port for a power supply and/or external monitor, that would be a step backwards…. ;)

10. Snappers macrumors member

Sadly, it won't reboot. System Report says "This computer doesn't contain any Flux Capacitor devices. If you installed Flux Capacitor adapters, make sure they are seated properly and that any devices, hubs, and switches are connected properly and powered on".

I went to replace the flux capacitor, but it is soldered to the motherboard, unlike previous generations where it was user replaceable. :/ It's out of warranty, so looks like I'll just have to wait in present time for October 27th to roll around. First world problems, am I right?

11. Boyd01 macrumors 68040

Boyd01

I think you need to read your interocitor manual more carefully...

12. ET iPhone Home thread starter macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

I can hardly wait for tomorrow's announcement. Any chance it will be available for sale next week Friday?

13. TheGenerous macrumors 6502a

TheGenerous

After today's MS event I think Apple will blow it tomorrow

14. smorrissey macrumors 6502a

Show me the new ipod touch! bring them on!