Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Original poster
Oct 17, 2011
No, not for iOS 7 itself, but what the public release of it will bring with it.

More out of curiosity I thought I'd ask if those who have been following along with the iOS 7 betas and all kinds of discussions about it over time here and/or other places, are you ready for what tomorrow (and subsequent days/weeks) are going to bring?

I mean aside from what will likely be a great number of threads dealing with installing/upgrading, how many discussions will be brought up to be "redone" once again by those who haven't really experienced or even simply knew much about iOS 7. There's probably going to be a flood of threads about bad icons, weird/bad fonts, too much text and no buttons, too much whitespace, missing widgets, bad changes to calendar/camera/etc., etc., etc., etc.

The good part is hopefully all the irrelevant date/time guessing threads will stop (at least for a bit until speculation about iOS 7.0.1, or 7.1, or even 8 will pick up some more).

Last edited:

user-name-here

macrumors 65816
Aug 31, 2013
Are you ready?

sticker,375x360.png

Can't wait for iOS 7 to get here. The sooner it does the sooner a jailbreak will be out for it :cool:

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Original poster
Oct 17, 2011
I think some might be missing the point...it's not really about being ready for iOS 7, it's about being ready for what its public release will bring with it and what forums like this one will look like tomorrow and the upcoming days/weeks.

WhackyNinja

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2012
Kissimmee, FL
I think some might be missing the point...it's not really about being ready for iOS 7, it's about being ready for what its public release will bring with it and what forums like this one will look like tomorrow and the upcoming days/weeks.

Oh yeah! Like I said a few weeks ago....once iOS 7 release we will be seeing iOS 8 threads come.

Also those iOS 7 complaint threads and the "Its too flat" "Bring back iOS 6's look" threads.

WordMasterRice

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2010
Upstate NY

I'm not sure that forums like this will change too much, iOS 7 has been in discussion since WWDC on forums like this so all the users likely know what is going on. I think Apple Stores are where the really interesting stuff will go down.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles

Get ready for the same threads we've seen in the last 3 months created by a swarm of "Sept 2013" join members.

izzle22

macrumors 65816
Jul 13, 2004
Kansas City, MO
I think most everyone on this site and in these forums will know what to expect and have been following the betas. If you are concerned with all the hype you may hear just stay away from the news and the public for a couple of weeks and you'll be fine. It's kinda like when I was a kid and found out Santa wasn't real, I got tired of hearing all the younger kids talk about Santa all the time around Christmas. After a while you'll get over these concerns you have with major releases and people talking about the things you've seen and experienced allready.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Original poster
Oct 17, 2011
Get ready for the same threads we've seen in the last 3 months created by a swarm of "Sept 2013" join members.
That's certainly a bigger part of what I'm thinking will happen.

We haven't had a good icons discussion in a little while, or an animation speed one...well, that one we have had even recently, but it'll be back a few times over the next few days alone I'm sure.

bchery21

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2009
Boston, MA
No, not for iOS 7 itself, but what the public release of it will bring with it...

Tomorrow will be the first time I'll be using iOS 7 as I am not a developer and haven't had access to the beta. However, I've been following these threads (and other websites) regarding iOS 7 since WWDC so I'm most certainly ready for what it'll bring - and I hope other people in this forum are too. However, and unfortunately, I do not believe this is the case. I'm pretty sure we will see a bunch of threads that are similar to the those post WWDC, however along the lines of "the icons really are terrible..."

I don't believe it'll be as bad as you expect though, OP. If one has been frequenting MR for the last 3 months iOS 7's public release shouldn't rehash all these topics. But I guess we'll see; I'm ready for those "smh" threads...

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK

Probably much the same as it looks today

What colour iPhone are you getting
What size iPhone to get
5c or 5s
What time do I need to queue/where to queue/which carrier.
Its been a bit repetitive for weeks.

In terms of being ready for iOS, yes I can't wait. Its like getting a new phone for free. I've been deleting apps to make the room!

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
Truthfully and I am not sure you want to see it come down to this, first page of this forum will have a topic title continually similar to what we have already witnessed. That being, when will iOS 7 be available to download?

Well you asked for it. :)

xyzoptics

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2013
It's gonna be ugly

I'm really excited to update my phone.

However, it's going to be ugly. People are going to be freaking out because they didn't backup their phones. People will be shocked because they had no idea a change was coming. I'm sure many of you, like myself, will be getting 10+ text messages and/or phone calls over the next two weeks from family members and friends about it. Most of them will likely be freaking out. Ugh.

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA

However, it's going to be ugly. People are going to be freaking out because they didn't backup their phones. People will be shocked because they had no idea a change was coming. I'm sure many of you, like myself, will be getting 10+ text messages and/or phone calls over the next two weeks from family members and friends about it. Most of them will likely be freaking out. Ugh.

It's going to be freaking hilarious, and I'm going to sit back with a bucket of popcorn and a soda and watch the insanity.

Also, I'm flying to NYC this weekend, I'm going to have to walk by the Apple Stores in the city to see the chaos. It's going to be awesome; I'm glad I'm not on the "S" upgrade cycle!

MacDevil7334

Contributor
Oct 15, 2011
Austin TX

Decided to nip this one in the bud by emailing all my family members and telling them not to update right now. While I am certainly not under the impression that I can keep them on iOS 6 forever, the iOS 7 GM is still fairly buggy. I know I will be getting the "why does my phone look different?" calls regardless. But I'd rather not also get the "why is X not working right" calls at the same time. I'll probably wait until 7.1 before I tell my family to update.

clukas

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2010
Im already running the GM. So far so good, I think those who upgrade with an open mind will really enjoy iOS7. Well surely see a lot of hate coming from people, but this will quickly die down after people get used to it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.