Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sirious

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 2, 2013
United Kingdom
Just wondering if there is anyone who is not impressed, or expected more from their AirPods and is thinking of returning them? Reasons/thoughts?

Last edited:
Reactions: ehershey

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
No. I don't have the battery issues others are experiencing and they do as advertised.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
Unfortunately yes. I really, really like them and all the conviniences they provide. But they come loose in my ears After a few minutes of wearing or if I'm walking/moving around. My ears are too small and EarPods never fit me but I was hoping the AirPods would work after watching some reviews

Sean006

macrumors 6502a
Dec 23, 2008
Nope keeping mine. I've worked out with them and washed my car with them not once did they fall out and they are so convenient. Love these things

Reactions: HansumKingtut

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
Unfortunately yes. I really, really like them and all the conviniences they provide. But they come loose in my ears After a few minutes of wearing or if I'm walking/moving around. My ears are too small and EarPods never fit me but I was hoping the AirPods would work after watching some reviews
I can't help but think they'll make more models eventually. The shape is not universal and simply doesn't work for everyone.

mdawid

macrumors regular
Mar 14, 2011
Thought never crossed my mind! I must say that I'm enjoying them greatly. Much more comfortable than the Bose Soundsport wireless (which I tried and later returned). Sound may not be as good, but close enough.

Reactions: AppleRobert

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
I can't help but think they'll make more models eventually. The shape is not universal and simply doesn't work for everyone.

I hope so, I'll be the first in line to get them. Like for example these in-ear model they made fit me great, these give me hope that you're right

apple-ipod-in-ear-headphones-2nd-gen-3u6-800.jpg

search

Reactions: apolloa and ericwn

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016

Very likely. Being its a first generation. Apple will easily expand in these and the second generation Airpods are already being designed and likely tested. The next step is likely adding a new color release.

And Mine have been great so far.

Reactions: iMacoo7

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
Very likely. Being its a first generation. Apple will easily expand in these and the second generation Airpods are already being designed and likely tested. The next step is likely adding a new color release.

And Mine have been great so far.

And hopefully more granular controls. Maybe configurable on a Left v. Right basis. Or at least:
  • One tap: play/pause
  • Two taps: Siri
  • Three taps: Rewind/fastfoward

---
Ideally, I'd like:
  • Left AirPod:
    • One Tap: Play/Pause
    • Double Tap: Siri
    • Triple Tap: Start over
  • Right AirPod:
    • Triple Tap: Skip
And it'd be really cool if you could slide your finger up or down for volume...but that may be a bit too futuristic right now. :p

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
And hopefully more granular controls. Maybe configurable on a Left v. Right basis. Or at least:
  • One tap: play/pause
  • Two taps: Siri
  • Three taps: Rewind/fastfoward

---
Ideally, I'd like:
  • Left AirPod:
    • Triple Tap: Start over
  • Right AirPod:
    • Triple Tap: Skip
And it'd be really cool if you could slide your finger up or down for volume...but that may be a bit too futuristic right now. :p

I completely agree with your idea's. That said, I do think Apple wants to keep the controls fairly straight forward and not complex.

I think it's very likely with the volume controls to slide up or down. Excellent idea and I'm willing to wager you will see something very similar to this on future iterations.

OBirder

macrumors 6502
May 13, 2015
No, not returning them.

Love them:
- no cords
- light weight
- great battery life
- connection all around the house
- innovative

Actually spouse wants them now too

Reactions: dangeng

fishbert

macrumors member
Aug 20, 2009
Just wondering if there is anyone who is not impressed, or expected more from their AirPods and is thinking of returning them? Reasons/thoughts?
I've already returned mine. I couldn't complete any moderate-length phone call without them losing connection with the phone. In one 14 minute call this happened 3 times; least reliable bluetooth headset I've ever owned, and that was really surprising considering all the glowing reviews from people with the pre-release hardware. But, apparently I'm not alone. I'm hoping it's just a quality control issue and not a design issue, but nobody has them in stock so I haven't been able to try another pair.

Also, triggering Siri was a crapshoot, and that was rather annoying.

Last edited:

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
I've already returned mine. I couldn't complete any moderate-length phone call without them losing connection with the phone. In one 14 minute call this happened 3 times; least reliable bluetooth headset I've ever owned, and that was really surprising considering all the glowing reviews from people with the pre-release hardware. But, apparently I'm not alone. I'm hoping it's just a quality control issue and not a design issue, but nobody has them in stock so I haven't been able to try another pair.

yeah that doesn't sound normal, i was on phone for about 30 mins and had no issues.

Reactions: dangeng

dangeng

macrumors member
Nov 25, 2015

That's definitely not normal. Used them for a few calls and even a 90 minute phone call and no connection issues at all!
Siri though, or rather the double tap, is sometimes kind of annoying...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.