Are you satisfied with your iPad 2 color pick? (White/Black)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by FutureStan, Mar 20, 2011.

1. FutureStan, Mar 20, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2011

FutureStan macrumors member

I realize there's probably a hundred thread about "which iPad color should I get" :eek:, well this thread is a little different.

-Which iPad 2 color did you get? Are you satisfied with your choice? Why or why not?

-Also I wanted to ask the White iPad 2 owners, There's been many talks that the white border is a distraction making content on the screen look better on the black version of the iPad, so is it true? :confused:

2. kallyq macrumors regular

I have the white one. I love it. I am not distracted by it in the least and it does not take away from the screen. I like it so much in fact that I bought a decal to make my iPhone white :)

Get whichever color you want, they are both nice.

3. darngooddesign macrumors G3

4. imutter macrumors 6502

imutter

diddo

5. iPhone1 macrumors 65816

iPhone1

White is better.
    I was worried that once I went black I wouldn't go back.

6. erratikmind macrumors 6502a

erratikmind

For myself, there was never a question. Very pleased with black.

7. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

Very pleased with the white one. Had the black 1st gen and this was a nice change.

The border thing was never an issue.

8. gwen1o macrumors member

gwen1o

+1 :)

9. cc1013 macrumors member

Absolutely love the white. DH has the first gen iPad for work and it seems to show fingerprints much more.

10. schmoopy.design macrumors regular

I wanted the white and have one one pre-order. In the meantime I found a black one and have been using it. It is almost making me wonder if I should just stick with it. I don't think you can lose with either color.

11. bidwalj macrumors 6502a

I had a white and switched to a black ( my wife had a white one so I don't really lose anything ). Based on a weeks use, the white is much better for surfing and reading( anything with a white background). The black is a bit better for video, but white isn't horrible either.

My biggest gripe was how the back was black. It almost felt as if the white boarder was an afterthought. I wish apple made the logo or the buttons white.

12. FutureStan thread starter macrumors member

So I'm guessing you switched to a black so it is easier to know which one is yours?

Oh and I know the buttons on the white one look a little odd, I sold my iPad 1 (16 GB + 3G) after having it for 9 months for $480, I'd like to think thats a pretty good price seeing that AT&T are offering that exact same version new for $430! And now I'm very tempted to buy the white one, specially after seeing this photo: (Btw, I'm not sure whos picture is this, but someone posted it on this forum)

Attached Files:

13. MarkG21 macrumors regular

I got what I wanted in the first place so obviously I'm happy!

14. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

Same for both

I picked black again (like my iPhone and iPad) for the iPad2.
    I like black but just my personal preference.
    Also bought another brand new black vehicle ;)

15. DaBlackMamba macrumors member

16. MotleyGrrl macrumors 6502

MotleyGrrl

I'm not a fan of white in general so of course I don't care for the white iPad. JMO- it looks cheap. It looks kind of nice with the pink or red smart cover, but I think the smart cover is worthless, lol. In any case, very happy that the ONE iPad my Target had in stock was black :)

17. bidwalj macrumors 6502a

well we both have red smart covers so its not really easy to tell them apart, but i got the black mainly to have them both. They both have their strong points. I would have kept the white had the back fit in more. I know thats a lame reason not to like it but over the week the back just started to stick out. The white front looked odd. I wish apple made it like the iphone 2 where they paid attention to the details. they went as far as making the headphone jack and dock connector white and im surprised they didnt give the white ipad that much detail. imo, the buttons and 3g strip should have been white.

18. FutureStan thread starter macrumors member

I agree!

I'm thinking of getting the red cover as well! I'd really appreciate it if you could post some pictures for both of your ipads with the smart cover!

But hey, no pressure =) :p

19. LawyerBarbie macrumors newbie

Meh....

Long time lurker first time poster (hooray!). I stood in line this morning for three hours and when I got there, they only had the Black 32gb Wi-fi. I really wanted the White 3G so it would be different from my ipad one. Surprisingly, I am really warming up to the black one and think it will be much better for work, so I am satisfied color wise. Wi-Fi wise however, I am very unsatisfied and am hoping to find someone in my area to trade for the 3G (plus the cash difference of course) since I already cancelled my Apple order. :eek: There is got to be someone who really wanted a black wi-fi one! lol.

20. bidwalj macrumors 6502a

21. FutureStan thread starter macrumors member

Thanks a ton man, I appreciate it. They look stunning!

Oh, and I love your taste in shows lol :D

22. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

honestly, I would have been fine with either color, but I know there would be more "I wonder if I should have gotten the other color" if I'd gone black. so white it was.

23. FutureStan thread starter macrumors member

That sucks man, it might be hard to get the full $130 back! but good luck =)

24. LawyerBarbie macrumors newbie

Cross your fingers for me...I thought I could be satisfied with just having one...but alas, I am more difficult to please than I thought! :rolleyes: