Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Steve686

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2007
US>FL>Miami/Dade>Sunny Isles Beach>Condo
Let me try to explain the Phenomenon.

With the delivery of the preorders a few days away, the forums have kind of turned into a pseudo "line" in front of an Apple Store or one of the carrier stores. While in these real lines everyone talks about stupid crap and tells stories to pass the time.

Since we prorderers don't have the option to simply pick up our phones at a store and have to wait for delivery, some of us, not all, have become infatuated with that exact moment on Friday when they'll complete some sort of geeky accomplishment like Frodo destroying that stupid ring along with that handsome creature Schmegal.

Ahh I don't really know wtf I'm talking about but it sounded good.

roland.g

macrumors 604
Original poster
Apr 11, 2005
It looks like the mods will have their hands full this week.

Zepaw

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2010
MN
Let me try to explain the Phenomenon.

With the delivery of the preorders a few days away, the forums have kind of turned into a pseudo "line" in front of an Apple Store or one of the carrier stores. While in these real lines everyone talks about stupid crap and tells stories to pass the time. ...

That is actually quite a good analysis. It is a shared experience in which we are choosing to take part.

My most active times on MR are time-spans in which I want to participate in the buzz of an Apple product I will be getting soon. It is a fun time and the inanity is one of the ways the excitement is expressed. The serious discussions can begin when we actually have the phones in our hands and most people (probably including myself) have fled the forum again.

Steve686

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2007
US>FL>Miami/Dade>Sunny Isles Beach>Condo
That is actually quite a good analysis. It is a shared experience in which we are choosing to take part.

My most active times on MR are time-spans in which I want to participate in the buzz of an Apple product I will be getting soon. It is a fun time and the inanity is one of the ways the excitement is expressed. The serious discussions can begin when we actually have the phones in our hands and most people (probably including myself) have fled the forum again.

I'm a little analytical.

Ya. I like to come here for info but why not have some fun doing it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.