Are you standing in line for your iPhone 4S or doing it online?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by XciteMe1983, Oct 2, 2011.

1. XciteMe1983 macrumors newbie

And no I'm not referring to the 8GB iPhone 4 for $99 that will replace the 3GS, I'm talking about the NEW iPhone model, the successor to iPhone 4, which will the be 4S with the same design but improved performance. That's the one I'm referring to.

So are you camping out or clicking? Just curious. :)

2. Amnesia87 macrumors 6502

Definitely going to try for online, the launch day lines have gotten far too ridiculous, however if I can't get one online then I suppose I'll try the less busy store where I live a day or two after launch like I did for my iP4 (I waited for like 3 hours on launch but didn't get one, tried 2 days later at the other store and got one in 20 minutes).

I'm sure supply won't be an issue if there really is only an iP4s and not a iP5 as well.

3. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

4. CBillups1 macrumors 6502a

CBillups1

why would we stand inline for a 4S when we should be doing it for the iPhone 5?:confused:

5. LoganT macrumors 68020

Online. I'm somewhat confident I'll get a pre-order in.

6. Deadpulse macrumors member

Are we able to pre-order in-store?

I'd rather go sit in a line and know i'm going to get it, the atmosphere will be an experience.

7. LoganT macrumors 68020

Have you ever waited in line for an iPhone before?

Users who order online do know they are going to get it, it's called a FedEx tracking number.

8. Deadpulse macrumors member

No, but i'd like to this year. I have 2 other friends who are anyway, so it won't be so bad.

I'm from Australia, so yea. No FedEx..

9. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

I actually had a fun time waiting in the iPhone line with friends for the iPhone 4 (which I have sold). Made two new friends from the iPhone line as well. So it is not a bad experience at all. I know I sound like a loser when I say this, but the best part about waiting in the iPhone line was being able to meet those awesome people who share one common passion. This is talking about the line of people who didn't have a reservation.

The reservation line seems to be full of *******s, especially that one blonde old lady I had to deal with. All she kept doing was complaining to the Apple employee about "great product, poor execution." and how she had to wait in line for a whole 45 minutes, while we were waiting there since 10PM the night before.

Also when you live in a state like Arizona, we are thankful for an October iPhone launch :).

10. admanimal macrumors 68040

My favorite part of the iPhone 4 launch was walking by the line of people who were about to spend the night before launch day outside the Apple Store at the local mall....while I was talking on my iPhone 4 that UPS had delivered that afternoon.

11. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

I don't stand in lines for anything Apple. There's too many easier options.

12. kramjam macrumors 6502

kramjam

Putting one aside when I get the shipment in and buying on launch day. First year where I won't be standing in a line.. kinda bummed and relieved.

13. brodas macrumors regular

Yeah I'm going to make a line for the 5 where are you guys going for the 4S? :)

14. HeezyBear macrumors regular

15. ryuok macrumors regular

I'll be getting the 4S on first day.

16. LoganT macrumors 68020

If it goes like last year, I'll get the 4S/5 the day before its official release.

17. r2fa3l macrumors regular

Since there are no Apple Stores locally - no.
    If Apple doesn't do Pre-Orders I'll probably swing by Best Buy....

If it ends up being 4S only, I probably won't even bother.

18. HitchHykr macrumors 6502a

HitchHykr

Neither. However, I'll be ordering the iPhone 5 on-line.

19. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

Hopefully they to do reserves for in store pickup. thats the best way to go. if not ill probably order online. I sat inline for an ipad 2 and almost didnt get it because miraculously half hour before the store opened all the resellers infront of me multiplied and id rather not deal with that again. Especially if its just a 4s. I can wait a few extra days and get it in the mail.

20. cward0715 macrumors regular

I'll be outside the store for the next redesigned iPhone. Whether that's this year or next remains to be answered.