Are you still dropping calls with your replacement iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TapHappy, Nov 11, 2010.

1. TapHappy macrumors regular

This is my second iPhone 4! I dropped two call yesterday. The signal was strong both times. Should I go to the Apple store? Is anyone else still having issues? I do have a case.

2. ozzyman500 macrumors 65816

I'll go first. You're holding it wrong.

I've dropped a few calls before, yes it's annoying but it's not the end of the world.

3. fenderbass146 macrumors 65816

fenderbass146

yea more then ever. I love this phone but im almost temped to get a new phone. Even with a case it still does and I always face dial people

4. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

While I'm sure the antenna issue exists, for the limited calls I make (mostly a texter), the proximity sensor has been more of an issue than the antenna.

5. TapHappy thread starter macrumors regular

Does 4.2 fix the sensor?

6. angusslo macrumors regular

angusslo

in two weeks of owning iPhone 4, yesterday I got my first call dropped. I was in very good signal position, and the person I spoke to was in underground park lot. He had Nokia, and he has said that Nokia is ******, and since I've had five bars of signal, I'm guessing it's not iPhone 4's fault for dropping the call.

7. zephxiii macrumors 6502

Hey! It's fine! It only drops 1/100 more calls than the previous 3G models!!!

8. TapHappy thread starter macrumors regular

I honestly can't believe their isn't more noise about this continuing problem!

9. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

i have had my phone since August and i have not dropped a single call.

10. BurntReality macrumors 6502

BurntReality

The only calls I have dropped were because of bad AT&T reception in places, not because of my iPhone 4.
    Side note: I bought my iPhone 4 on launch day

11. Mliii macrumors 65816

Mliii

+1
    Clearly, some people are still having the dropped calls issue due to the antenna and some people are having issues with the proximity sensor that leads to 'nose dialing' or 'nose hangups'.
    Having said that, there is a LOT more that goes into dropped calls than just the phone. I've seen evidence that signal strength indicators are not always an accurate reflection of your actual signal strength. And there are some very obvious dead spots within the AT&T coverage area that I frequent. I use my phone a lot when driving (wired headset for you CHP Officers monitoring this website!:p) and I find certain spots where the signal transitions are not clean from one cell zone to another on a consistent basis. Same spot, same result, which to me, indicates an AT&T issue as opposed to a phone issue.

12. jacollins macrumors 6502a

Actually, I haven't dropped a call yet with my release day i4. I used to drop all the time on my 3G. I use headphones though for my calls, and don't really hold it like a phone (so I've not run into issues with the antenna or proximity sensor).

13. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

I'll let you know when 4.2 comes out.

14. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

I have yet to drop a call on my week 22 launch day iP4.