Are you sure you want to remove apps?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by adamnmurad, Apr 4, 2011.

1. adamnmurad macrumors newbie

Hello,

I just bought an iPad 1 last week. Right now, I don't have it set to sync apps or music with my computer. I wanted to add some music to it, so I selected 4 playlists and clicked apply. Now, I'm getting a message "Are you sure you want to delete the 72 apps on your iPad?"

I want to add some music! Why would this necessitate deleting my apps? Thanks in advance.

2. TheWheelMan macrumors 6502a

TheWheelMan

Go into the Apps area and check the settings. You're trying to sync music now, so it's trying to sync the apps too, and you haven't transferred them to iTunes, so it's trying to delete them from the iPad as well. I don't have my iPad handy to check settings, but maybe you don't have manually sync selected?

3. Montymitch macrumors regular

Montymitch

I'd like to hear the answer to this as well. I had the exact same thing happen--I bought a used iPad, went nuts in the app store, and then went to sync it. I set it to manually manage music, and still had no luck. I have two macs, so I tried it on the other machine and the second machine transfered all the apps to the computer and let me sync music without deleting.
    I have no idea what the difference was. :)

4. brudog68 macrumors 6502

Connect the iPad to computer...when iTunes shows your iPad...in the sync options...go to the app section as stated above...there is a checkbox that says "sync all new apps" (or something like that) ...check that box... That will bring the apps you purchased or downloaded on the iPad over to iTunes on your computer where you can manage them, and therefore NOT delete them on the iPad.

Since you haven't done this yet, iTunes thinks you want to mirror what's on the computer to the iPad instead of vice versa.

Hope that made some sense.

5. Technohead macrumors newbie

I had the same issue...new Ipad 2g, I was going to add 1 playlist and got the msg. Thought "what the heck" and hit upload anyway. It added my playlist without deleting anything on my Ipad. It was rather disturbing tho, to see that warning come up.