Are you switching US carriers?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iTundra, Oct 14, 2011.

?

Are you switching US carriers this month (Oct)?

1. No, I'm happy w/ ATT

16 vote(s)
    43.2%
  2. No, I'm stuck on contract w/ ATT

2 vote(s)
    5.4%
  3. No, I'm happy w/ Verizon

2 vote(s)
    5.4%
  4. No, I'm stuck on contract w/ Verizon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Yes, switching to Verizon from ATT

5 vote(s)
    13.5%
  6. Yes, switching to Sprint from ATT

6 vote(s)
    16.2%
  7. Yes, switching to ATT from Verizon

6 vote(s)
    16.2%
  8. Yes, switching to Sprint from Verizon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. iTundra macrumors member

iTundra

2. iTundra thread starter macrumors member

iTundra

Switched to Verizon from ATT. Had unlimited data on ATT, but signal probs in numerous cities made it not worth it. Hopefully Verizon will be much better.

3. rburly macrumors 6502a

rburly

I'm still in a contract with ATT.

I have until next June to figure out if I need to saty with ATT (unlimited data, coporate rate, good calls except original flurry of dropped calls. Not as many dropped calls.

I'll be interested in the results but more interested in the comments. It'll have to have more than just "better coverage" as an answer.

I'll probably stay with AT&T when the iPhone 5 comes out. (I'm willing to change if there are enough reasons to change carriers)

4. icyfire macrumors 6502

Considering switching from Verizon to Sprint mainly due to price. Currently grandfathered into Verizon unlimited data so still debating whether to lose it or not.

5. iTundra thread starter macrumors member

iTundra

Better coverage is very geo specific. We have zero ATT at my home, but 2-4 bars Verizon, I often have 0 to 1 bar with ATT in NYC, while folks w/ Verizon have 4 or 5. ATT does fairly well in DC, as does Verizon, so someone living in DC and never leaving could be very happy w/ ATT.

We've had a number of irritations w/ ATT cust svc over the years, but nothing enough to drive us away (and with int'l travel wanted GSM), but combined with the coverage issues it was an easy decision once Apple combined CDMA & GSM.

6. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

Left Verizon after 9 years for AT&T on the iPhone back in 2009 with the 3G and I never looked back, AT&T so far has been the best carrier to me in customer service and call and date quality.

7. iTundra thread starter macrumors member

iTundra

One question here is how long Sprint will continue it (the same goes for ATT & V). At some point the grandfathered unlimited data plans will likely have to go.

8. Stangs55 macrumors 6502a

Stangs55

I am begrudgingly stuck with AT&T... :(

They are the only carrier that gets reception at our ranch...to bad their reception is so poor everywhere else...

9. Matthew9559 macrumors 6502a

Matthew9559

10. iTundra thread starter macrumors member

iTundra

It is interesting, given their poor customer service reviews and ratings, that people on here, so far anyway, are sticking with ATT because they're happy, not just contract locked. Good for ATT.