Are you taking your MBP overseas?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jerryk, May 15, 2017.

1. jerryk macrumors 68020

It looks like the US will ban the use of notebooks trips from EU countries this week. I am heading overseas in the next few months and thinking about leaving my MBP at home. Anyone else changing their plans.

2. Bojan macrumors member

Bojan

3. SugaredJuggler macrumors member

I just bought a new 2016 15" MacBook Pro for work and need to take it overseas this month. I am hoping that they don't ban notebooks on those flights, however I will be bringing an extra sleeve and case for padding so I can check it in my other luggage.

We all know how our checked luggage usually gets handled these days

4. logicstudiouser macrumors 6502

logicstudiouser

I likely wouldn't bring my mac if I was only going away for a week to Europe given the circumstances right now. But if a trip was longer and I really needed it, I would bring my it and potentially courier it back if the laptop ban took effect.

5. leman macrumors 604

Actually, I am canceling my workshop invitations for this year and I will abstain from visiting the USA until they figure out their political mess.

6. xsdeus macrumors regular

The whole policy is a huge mess.

Most laptops are not allowed to be checked in due to the lithium ion battery.
    With the carry-on ban, there's absolutely no way to bring electronics back home with you.

I'm sure as hell not going to ship my 3.5KUSD laptop, no matter how well-packaged it may be.

7. Aidoon macrumors newbie

Aidoon

What a mess, lucky I don't have to fly to the US in the near future. Seriously...

8. jerryk, May 15, 2017
    Last edited: May 15, 2017

jerryk thread starter macrumors 68020

Didn't the UK follow the US lead on the ban from the Middle East? If so, they might follow the ban from the continent with looming Brexit.

I really hope not since I am flying through Heathrow and then to the locations on the continent, and then doing in reverse on the way back to US.

9. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

I will be traveling to Europe for three weeks in July. Hope the ban doesn't come. Especially hope it doesn't come after my initial departure. :(