are you unemployed?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by pcomac, Jul 23, 2011.

1. pcomac macrumors regular

tell your unemployed story. where did you go to school and what major did you do? how much were you making and how much are you willing to work for?

2. wvuwhat macrumors 65816

wvuwhat

I'm semi-unemployed. I graduated with a degree in Communication Studies from W.V.U. in 09. Can't really find anything, much less a full-time job. Since then I've worked for a friend and his construction business and worked for Taylormade Golf briefly. All the while, paying 500 dollars a month in insurance as a diabetic, (over 60% of my income). If I don't find something full-time soon I'm walking off a ledge.

3. wvuwhat macrumors 65816

wvuwhat

To answer your full question, I'm willing to work anywhere with insurance. And, willing to work for anyone/anywhere that I'm able to support myself. Currently looking in Charleston, SC, Charlotte, NC, and Raleigh, NC, but I'm desperate enough to apply all over the United States.

4. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

Don't have much of a story - finishing up two more classes to get my BFA in graphic design, but I shot myself in the foot by not taking in experience since I struggled in my early college years, so finding a job in that careers gonna be a killer.

I'll get lucky if they'll eve bother with a rejection letter.

I suppose a part-time is fine to make some income to pay my parents back, but even so, I've applied for a few over the years and nothing, only got one job working with a maintenance team (or janitor) after closing time at this medical clinic until my supervisor quit since our manager was underpaying us, and he never called me back in.

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Depending on the day you asked me, I spent years between unemployment and self-employed after graduating. Studied in a field where there are no jobs locally back when I wanted to live locally, tried applying for jobs abroad and nationally - no luck without contacts in those companies.

So long that you persevere things do change. I went from unemployed to my first real job (creative director) just because I stuck at it, made the right contacts and adapted.

6. iphonepiephone macrumors regular

I'm a tramp (google the TRUE meaning, not the Yank one), typing this from my iSkip

7. Liquinn Suspended

Currently, though I've got an Apple interview Tuesday, so if you don't see me posting on here then you know why xD

8. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

I'm underemployed, as I am done with all that stuff.