are you upgrading ICloud?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Goldielocks19, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Goldielocks19 macrumors member

Goldielocks19

so im kinda confused.
    is upgrading to ICloud worth it? ive almost used up my 5gb.
    will others be upgrading their icloud accts as well? if so why?

i did a google search, only thing i came up with that if ure pc crashes thats a plus. is their any other benefits?
    TIA

2. Nero Wolfe macrumors regular

Nero Wolfe

I tried upgrading, but it would never complete. Then I realized this is a good thing since I really don't wan't a separate iCloud & Apple ID situation. So I just created a new iCloud account based off my Apple ID and will let my old MobileMe account expire and disappear.

This isn't a good solution for everyone though, especially if you use your MobileMe email account as a primary. Fortunately for me I use a Gmail account and forward my email to my @me.com account, so it was simply a matter of changing the forwarding to the new iCloud account.

3. Nde macrumors 6502a

Nde

What are you upgrading from? If you are talking about your me.com, that is going away and you can either stop using or move over to icloud. I'm a developer using both Mac and Windows. The only thing I missed is the web hosting, everything else are pretty much the same plus a dozen more new features.

4. Gatteau macrumors 6502a

I have yesterday, but granted I didn't have an MobileMe before. I only created a new one.

Servers are down right now, by the way, so you'd want to check on a later time.

5. Goldielocks19 thread starter macrumors member

Goldielocks19

i dont have mobile me...i would be paying for the yearly 20.00 package, since ive already maxed out my 5gb.
    im just trying to figure out is it worth paying for it or not. wondering if i do really need it. i honestly dont know lol that why im trying to figure out the benefit to upgrading.