Are you upgrading to iLife &/or iWork 08 now? or after Leopard?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iBunny, Aug 8, 2007.

?

Upgrading to 08 now?

1. Yes - iLife &/Or iWork 08 for me now!

33 vote(s)
    73.3%
  2. No - I willl wait until after Leopard.

12 vote(s)
    26.7%
  3. Not upgrading at all as it is now....

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. iBunny macrumors 65816

The new iLife and iWork suite seem to be "Meh" at best. A few new cool things, but things I can live without for now. I will be upgrading to both, only after Leopard... What about you?

2. L3X macrumors 6502a

I'm thinking about getting them now. I really like the "events" add-on in iPhoto, and iWeb looks to be upgraded fairly well.

I like the collaboration of pages with Word as well.

3. AmpCoder macrumors 6502

I am getting iLife '08 now with the $10 upgrade program. I will more than likely buy iWork '08 before Leopard comes out, it all depends on how much I like the trial version.

4. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i should get both of 'em today. so before leopard. :p

5. numlock macrumors 68000

does anyone know from previous versions/releases if it would be possible to install imovie06 on a new machine with leopard and the new ilife pre-installed

6. srf4real macrumors 68030

srf4real

I just caved in and bought iLife 06 last week before the announcement of yesterday's announcement... I'll wait until I upgrade to the new mini, which is hot, and get it with the software package including Leopard.;)

-My g4 mini is about to become a chevy s-10 media center.:p

7. davidg4781 macrumors 68000

I'm doing both...maybe.

I'm trying out iWork right now, mainly to use Numbers (I keep my budget on there). I really have no need for Word, or Pages, or PowerPoint, or Keynote, right now (I did, a lot, in college) but that could change later on. I'd like to be able to use it for work, but we have to keep all that stuff on our work computers, which bites.

One question though. As of now, I'm not too keen on iLife '08. Really, I use iPhoto '06 and nothing else, and as of now, it's just to organize my photos, not to edit them. I may upgrade later on, if my needs change, but, would I be able to upgrade to Leopard on my MacBook and install iLife '06 from my restore DVDs (or whatever's in that envelope, I didn't look at it)?

8. Multimedia macrumors 603

Multimedia

I Ordered iLife '08 + The GarageBand Remix Jam Pack & Old Bluetooth Keys Immediately

When I saw that abortion of a new keyboard I immediately panicked and ordered an "old" Bluetooth one which arrived today. At the same time I ordered iLife '08 + the old GarageBand Remix Jam Pack I'd been putting off for years now that GarageBand '08 is all new and improved better than ever. Both of those arrive tomorrow. :)

9. Multimedia macrumors 603

Multimedia

iMovie '06 & '08 May Co-Exist Under Tiger - Leopard Not So Sure

Yes they may co-exist in a Tiger install. With Leopard we don't know what issues may arise yet. Apple isn't likely to support iMovie '06 under Leopard. But it may work. Your guess is as good as anyone else's here and those with Leopard are probably not allowed to tell us.

10. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

I'll wait as the first things to go when I got my MBP were iMovie, iDVD, and GarageBand+loops. The Final Cut Suite took up a large amount of my hard drive so unfortunately those iLife applications had to go.

11. pimentoLoaf macrumors 68000

pimentoLoaf

Staying with iLife 06 until after Leopard; will upgrade iLife at the same time.

Otherwise, have upgraded to iWork 08 yesterday, and only because of Numbers.

12. .mark. macrumors 6502

i'm confused - can someone tell me the benefit of waiting til after leopard?

surely if i update now I can then reuse my ilife 08 disc with leopard after i've upgraded to it?

13. Multimedia macrumors 603

Multimedia

iLife '08 Installed Today Is For Beyond Your Leopard Install As Well

No benefit to waiting. Your new install today will remain as your Leopard upgrade will be merely an Archive and Install that will save all your settings and all your current application installs and everything will continue to work even better after you install Leopard that way. You will NOT need to REinstall iLife '08 after your Leopard install.

14. coren2000 macrumors member

I wont be upgrading iLife

I'll be gettin iWork as soon as my higher-education ipod nano rebate comes in.