Are you using iOS 6 as a daily driver?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by batting1000, Jul 26, 2012.

?

Are you using iOS 6 as your daily driver?

1. Yes, I have it on my iPhone / iPad and use it daily.

78.4%
  2. No, I'd rather wait till it's more stable.

11.9%
  3. No, I'm using it on a test device.

1.5%
  4. Other (post your answer)

8.2%
  1. batting1000, Jul 26, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2012

batting1000 macrumors 604

Just a quick poll. I'm curious as to how many of you are relying on it as your daily driver or if you're using it only as a test device. Feel free to post your reasoning as well or what device you're using it on.

2. njaremka macrumors 6502

3. batting1000 thread starter macrumors 604

Thanks. Interested in seeing more people's thoughts.

4. Nicolas4ever macrumors 6502a

Nicolas4ever

i would really like to use it but as i always preserve my baseband i can't test iOS 6 untilthere is a tool for it :(

5. sakau2007 macrumors 6502

No. I'm not a developer so I don't have access to it.

I suspect the majority of people here fall in that category too, but use it anyway.

6. aDRock1154, Jul 27, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2012

aDRock1154 macrumors 65816

aDRock1154

I've been back and forth with the betas. Installed beta 1 (day on release) and then went back to 5.1.1 (battery issues, as I restored from iOS 5 backup) I tried beta 2 a few days after it was released and then rolled back the next day (MORE battery issues, restored from an iOS 5 backup) FINALLY, I am on beta 3 and I decided to "set up as new phone". Battery issues are gone and will be using the betas as my daily driver from here on out!

7. batting1000 thread starter macrumors 604

Thinking about doing that as well.

8. aDRock1154 macrumors 65816

aDRock1154

There's really nothing to lose as long as you make a backup before you go through with it. If the battery is still pretty bad, then you can always revert back..

I was trying to do this last night actually. Had my macbook on my lap with my phone connected and it was in the middle of the restore when my cat flew across the room (which distracted me!)and I had to catch my falling macbook lol. I managed to save it and there was no damage, but I caused an error in iTunes when I grabbed the keyboard mid-fall (it aborted the restore and gave me a blank white screen on the "summary page). I had to "re-restore". I actually made a backup on my computer in iTunes (I backup to the cloud everyday) just to be safe before all this happened and boy was I glad. iTunes wouldn't let me do ANYTHING once I plugged the phone in after the error. I thought I was SOL. Turns out I just had to uninstall iTunes and re-install. I have NEVER seen an error like this and I have been using iTunes on PC and Mac since 08'. I will be EXTRA careful this time around. It will be my third time putting iOS 6 on my phone and I wasn't anticipating ANY issues like I had last night...

9. batting1000 thread starter macrumors 604

Going to restore to beta 3 now. Maybe beta 4 will be out Monday. :D

10. alstrike macrumors regular

alstrike

Rocking Beta 3 since last weekend and it´s been pretty awesome so far, no issues and great battery life.

11. ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

I first installed on my "old" test iPad2 but then wanted to see Siri working on my iPad3. So I "had" to ... ;)

12. Beezzy macrumors 6502

Yeah been using it since Beta 1, been reporting as many bugs as possible.

13. Ubuntu macrumors 68000

Ubuntu

Using it on my iPad, but not my iPhone. On the iPad it's been okay, the only issue I've had is sometimes it can take quite a while to wake up from sleep, and once or twice it's actually failed to turn on. For the second issue I decided not to risk it on my iPhone.

14. fox10078 macrumors 6502

fox10078

It was my daily driver from the first day of beta 1 to yesterday. Stable and all, just rather dull and I'm not exactly a fan of the Maps. Hopefully when its released for primetime these things will be fixed, but I'll be on a Gnex until New iPhone as it doesn't take my upgrade away

15. kiwiboi87 macrumors 6502

yes i use it for everyday use,
    but im also testing apps, for a friend and for within work.
    my device is linked to developers account,
    theres 4 of us at work testing the OS for work reasons, as we have a few custom apps that need testing. and they are key to our everyday work use

16. iPusch macrumors 6502

iPusch

everything works really smooth on my iPad 3 wifi only :D

17. brylliant macrumors regular

brylliant

I use it daily because:

1) I can. xD
    2) I see where the bugs are and stuff. Also to see new features.
    3) I installed it on my primary device anyway..

18. toomanyphones macrumors member

Beta 3 on 4S is rock solid for me. Dropbox is the only app I have an issue with but I can get to it from other apps. More stale than the last few windows mobiles I have used.

19. gmanist1000 macrumors 68030

gmanist1000

I am. It seems to be really stable and I enjoy using it. I don't really think it qualifies for a full iOS 6 name tag though I think it should more be like a 5.2 update.

20. dbyway macrumors member

dbyway

I'm using an iPhone 4 right now and it seems a lot faster than iOS 5 which is nice because the iPhone 4 is comparatively slow. Words cannot explain my excitement for The New iPhone because my contract is up.

21. batting1000 thread starter macrumors 604

22. RipeRetina macrumors regular

RipeRetina

Same here. I like the Apple Maps app personally, I see it as a good choice for apple. Having my phone in my car dock using apple maps makes it pretty nice to use as a full fledged gps. Now, the new iphone will make it an even better gps with siri, can't wait!

23. Greg. macrumors 6502

Greg.

Wow, 80% of MacRumors have iOS 6 on their iDevice and use it daily. Didn't realise there were so many developers.. hmm.

24. ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

[teach]I don't think the sample size justify to say that 80% ... [/teach] and working as developer for life vs having payed $99 for an account might be different too. Count me in between.

25. nas2344 macrumors member

I'm using as a daily driver, so far it's pretty good. Locks up for a few seconds when doing certain things occasionally, btw I'm using it with iPhone 4S on sprint