Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you using Lion

• Yes, Im using it and Im loving it

Votes: 27 73.0%
  • Yes, Im using it but I hate it

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • No, Im not using it because I can't upgrade

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • No, Im not using it because I don't want it

Votes: 4 10.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

techy298

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 2, 2011
Are you?

Yes, Im using it and Im loving it
Self explanatory.

Yes, Im using it but I hate it
For people who are using it and don't like it. Not for people who went back to SL.

No, Im not using it because I can't upgrade
For people who encountered technical difficulties or are using a PPC computer.

No, Im not using it because I don't want it
for all people who simply don't want to upgrade and are running SL (also people who went back to SL).

Last edited:

singhjeet29

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2008
Using it.. I wouldn't say I love it, and I wouldn't say I hate it.. Pretty much split.

Pretty much this, it needs a bit of a stability update (and I hope some more customization to Mission Control, which is great but feels incomplete) before i start to love it.

techy298

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 2, 2011
Pretty much this, it needs a bit of a stability update (and I hope some more customization to Mission Control, which is great but feels incomplete) before i start to love it.

Yes, I agree mission control needs features like rearranging desktops and fullscreen apps and easier previewing of other fullscreen apps/desktops

WSR

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2011
I'm staying with Snow Leopard until the following are fixed.

For me Spaces and Expose is better in Snow Leopard. Mission control isn't as functional compared to what is in Snow Leopard. I know some like Mission Control, but to those who used Spaces and Expose extensively, it's a downgrade from Snow Leopard. Hopefully Apple with give us the choice in a later update.

Also, from what some have posted, Lion's version of full-screen mode makes having a second monitor useless. Snow Leopard handles it better. In Snow Leopard I can watch a video in full-screen mode on 1 monitor and do something else in the second. Apparently you can not do that in Lion. This is a big bug that has to be fixed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.