Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you using Office for iPad?

• I don't have Office for iPad installed (select if you downloaded but subsequently deleted).

Votes: 31 43.7%
  • I have it installed but have not paid for a subscription.

Votes: 13 18.3%
  • I have it installed and I had an Office subscription previously.

Votes: 15 21.1%
  • I got an Office subscription because of Office for iPad.

Votes: 12 16.9%

• Total voters

ron7624

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2011
Houston, Texas area
I'm torn. I have a full version that came with my Omni 10, it is a single use version. I have used two out of the five allowable from my place of business, leaving 3 for me to use on iPads, but I use Pages on my apple devices.
It would be nice to share between all my devices, but it seems like too much trouble. I mean, I have it on my productivity devices and can paste anything I create on my iPads into it to edit if I ever need. I guess I'll continue to save my 99 dollars a year for now.

EmilyB613

macrumors member
Aug 12, 2014
Hogwarts
At my college, the environment is primarily Office. I enjoy using my iPad version, but I don't like using the Mac version, mostly because it's slow and bloated (it works in a pinch however).

I use OneDrive as my cloud currently, because as a public beta user on Yosemite, I cannot use iCloud (I don't have iOS 8 and I screwed up on going with iCloud Drive--that was my fault).

I do like Pages, Numbers, and Keynote, but I use those for personal documents. Until iOS 8 comes out (which won't be long), I'm sticking with OneDrive and Office for iPad to write my papers and create spreadsheets & presentations for class.

Meister

Suspended
Oct 10, 2013
I have it and because of the power/flexibility of Office I did get a subscription. After weighing the pros and cons of a subscription based model I found that I'm getting value for my money and opted for the subscription.
i did the same thing for the same reason.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.