Are you waiting for a Skylake rMB?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ghanwani, Jan 6, 2016.

?

Are you waiting for a Skylake rMB?

  1. Yes, and I'm not buying the Broadwell one.

    19 vote(s)
    48.7%
  2. Yes, but I bought the Broadwell one for now and plan to upgrade.

    7 vote(s)
    17.9%
  3. No. I bought the Broadwell one and intend to keep using it for a while.

    10 vote(s)
    25.6%
  4. No. I have no interest in the rMB.

    3 vote(s)
    7.7%
  5. Other. Please write in.

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ghanwani macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Dec 8, 2008
  2. Amazing Ox Space Monkey macrumors member

    Joined:
    Sep 21, 2015
    #2
    I skipped the Broadwell. Shall I buy the Skylake? Well it depends. The MBP and the MBA will be upgraded, too, but if a 128/8 rMB appear, or one with a bigger screen (14") I will pick one no brainer.
     
  3. Skylitfly macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    May 3, 2014
    #3
    Whats the point in 128/8 rMB? When the base model is already 256/8. I certainly wouldn't hope for smaller SSD in base model.
     
  4. Voley macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Oct 24, 2013
  5. Malcster macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Apr 26, 2005
    Location:
    Bristol, UK
    #5
    My late-2008 MBP is keeping me going at the moment, but will be in the market for something more portable in a few months. Hoping for combined USB-C & TB3 port.
     
  6. noobinator macrumors 601

    Joined:
    Jun 19, 2009
    Location:
    Los Angeles, CA
    #6
    I plan on getting a used one for around 800-900 (base model) then seeing what the new one has to offer. I figure at worst I'll lose maybe $200 selling the old one.
     
  7. Amazing Ox Space Monkey macrumors member

    Joined:
    Sep 21, 2015
    #7
    lower pricepoint and therefore, more affordable.
     
  8. Skylitfly macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    May 3, 2014
    #8
    Whats the point? It's almost certainly sure that the price of the MacBook will decrease by 100-200 in the next cycle or after that. No need to downgrade the base configuration.
     
  9. Djlild7hina macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Mar 28, 2009
    #9
    I just bought the broadwell one and I'll stick with it for a while. Got it for a pretty decent price ($999 + 10% coupon + $50 student discount + 10% cashback) so will save myself a bit of money :) I rarely use USB anymore so don't need 3.1
     
  10. ghanwani thread starter macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Dec 8, 2008
    #10
    Good number of people waiting for skylake. Hope it happens soon. :D
     

Share This Page