Are you waiting till Leopard is bundled?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by sinstoic, Jun 5, 2007.

  1. sinstoic macrumors member

    Joined:
    Apr 15, 2007
    #1
    I don't need a system urgently. Nov. or Dec. is the right time I can indulge in. Anways, Leopard, new versions of iLife and iWork is what I am interested in. What's your story?
     
  2. sinstoic thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Apr 15, 2007
    #2
    I talked to a few of my friends yesterday and found most of them feel that once Steve announces Leopard's release date, he may likely provide it as a free upgrade for systems bought then onwards.

    Anways with Macs it is the OS X that is the real star. Isn't it? (Considering both PCs and Macs use Intel platform with almost similar hardware components)
     
  3. ACbc macrumors member

    Joined:
    May 14, 2007
    #3
    I don't need a system urgently...but i am definitely getting very ansy. I have a 1.25ghz powerbook G4 and I do lots of editing with HDV and do lots of photography (can't even shoot RAW yet...comp is too slow for my tastes to process it)

    My next purchase is going to be a Mac Pro. I am DEFINITELY waiting till june 11th. Since its so close. But depending on what happens (or doesn't happen) i might be in a tough place. If the MacPros get any kind of update whatsoever, i will buy right away.

    If not, i might have to bite the bullet and wait till oct when leapord is bundled and hopefully by then there will be a mac pro update.

    HOWEVER, that being said, there is a part of me saying that i should just buy now. There are absolultely no solid rumors about a mac pro update. AND last time, I waited a good 8 months to buy my powerbook. why? because i was waiting for a powerbook G5. and we all know how that turned out. Instead i waited 8 months for the powerbooks to get bumped from 1 ghz to 1.25 with a backlit keyboard. =\
     
  4. emaja macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    May 3, 2005
    Location:
    Chicago, IL
    #4
    That is not how they have done it in the past. Previously, if you bought a Mac that has the older version of the OS pre-installed after the new OS ships, Apple has offered the upgrade for the cost of shipping. It has never been free after the announcement of the shipping date.

    Back OT - I will be ordering a MBP shortly because it comes with Tiger. I will pre-order Leopard and have it on my desk the day that it comes out, but since I will also have Tiger I can install it at my leisure after I am sure that what I use works with Leopard well.
     
  5. 2hondas macrumors regular

    Joined:
    May 10, 2007
    Location:
    Ontario, Canada
    #5
    I am waiting till June 11 to see if there is any "exciting" news about Leopard. If not, I will purchase my Macbook after anyways. :)

    How much will Leopard cost, with the Educational Discount when it comes out?
     
  6. weeman macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    May 6, 2007
    #6
    I'm just gonna wait til June 11 and then go from there. October is way too long for me
     
  7. cowman007 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Mar 17, 2007
    #7
    im waiting for leopard and a new iMac. PLEASE STEVE RELEASE THE iMACs!!!!
     
  8. chelseasian macrumors regular

    chelseasian

    Joined:
    Oct 20, 2004
    Location:
    New York, NY (Chelsea)
    #8
    I am also waiting for Leopard but at the same time i am hoping for a new casing. I have a G5 currently and it is bulky! If anyone can change a PC casing, it will be Apple. The G5 serves me fine but I am itching to switch to all the new Universal Pro Apps once I get the new system end of the year.
     
  9. suneohair macrumors 68020

    suneohair

    Joined:
    Aug 27, 2006

Share This Page