Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'iPad' started by melman101, Mar 12, 2010.
Are you waiting to "reserve" a 3G iPad?
Huh? Reserve is pretty much the same as waiting, but there is no risk of showing up at the Apple store on launch day and going home empty handed.
No money changes hands but there is guaranteed to be an iPad with your name on it in the Apple Store on launch day. Why would you wait when it's free to "reserve" one? I suppose reserving a 3G iPad makes less sense because we don't have the exact date but if I wanted one right away, I'd go ahead and reserve it. I'm sure it will become pretty obvious which day I would need to head down to the Apple store to pick mine up as the actual 3G launch date gets closer.
If you know you don't want to wait, why not pre order and let Fedex or UPS take care of getting your iPad to you on launch day (for free I might add). BTW, your poll doesn't make sense. You only have 3 options: pre-order, wait to reserve or wait for it to show up in stores (isn't this the same as wait to reserve?) . How about a 4th option for reserve now?
Because, you can't reserve a 3G iPad today.
You can only reserve a Wifi iPad today.
You can pre-order both Wifi and Wifi+3G, but they ship to your house and you don't know when they will ship the Wifi+3G.
I don't want to wait till 7pm on a Saturday to get my iPad. I'd rather leave my house at 7am to get there for opening and have it as soon as possible.
Edit: But as soon as they open up reserves for 3G iPad, I'll be there!
Actually Apple hedges itself and says supplies will be limited and it's first-come first serve. There won't be a box with your name on it waiting. Just a pile of boxes with your name on a list. If you're there by 3 PM, you SHOULD be good, but Apple isn't guaranteeing that.
And when they open the store that day, I'll be there at 9am First thing in the morning, no matter what.
I did not want to let Apple hold a $1000 dollars for two months, when I can probably buy it in the store the day it is released.
Ordered 32gb Wifi + 3g. I needed to commit because the decision making process was making me WACKY!
I reserved the base model. I plan to live without the 3g option for now. I thought you could reserve the 3G model but I really didn't look that closely as I was reserving mine.
yes i am. made me a bit said i couldnt today.
Finally, thank you goobot. Someone who feels my pain. I am super sad too. I just know it will be a glorious day when we can reserve them though ;-).
Agreed! I would have loved to wait but I was afraid that I would lose my resolve. I can not get by with never having a 3g option without selling and then buying again. What a pain in the ass that would be... The deed is done and I am relieved. Maybe we will be smiled upon and we will see a box waiting in earlier in April than expected. Wishful thinking.
I believe you can call and reserve at any time though.1-800-My-Apple.
Now that I have gone back and clicked the pre-order button a couple of times it's got me thinking that Apple will be keeping track of that link to find out how many folks are not pre-ordering and waiting. On a hunch I will return a couple of more times. Demand/supply.
Reserve is different than Pre-order.
LoL, Semantics. If you have the money in the bank you can still "reserve" a 3g though. You can pre-order and then return it later thus reserving an iPad from the masses to make a final decision or until the official time to be able to "reserve" an iPad officially begins. I have read of some folks here doing just that. They will order a 3g and a WiFi and reserve the right to choose later. Whether you reserve or pre-order, the iPad has the same return policy.
It's a shame that most polls on internet sites do not take into account this very question. Does no one realize that people want to reserve a 3G iPad for in-store pickup? I just don't want to be sitting waiting all day for a UPS/FedEx guy to come when I can easily drive there.
hopefully when they announce the date for the 3g they will allow us to do it
The iPad 3G + GPS models will be out April 30 and I still don't see an option to be able to "reserve" one on Apple's site.
Any ideas if this will be possible?
If AT&T didn't suck balls I'd pre-order a 3G iPad