Are you wondering about Milanese Apple or Cheapo?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Fuga, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Fuga macrumors newbie

Do it! My one week old Space Gray came with the black sport band. While it looked good enough I had already ordered a Cheapo Milanese on Amazon and immediately put it on. Today I thought to switch to the original. Within an hour I was switching back. It was hot and I was sweating. The Milanese is not solid. In fact, as it is composed of tiny "links", it breathes quite a bit.

2. token787 macrumors regular

token787

I had a cheap Milanese, the one's I bought stopped locking at the watch band at some point.

3. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Some of these had poor magnets and did not maintain their size while wearing.

4. saltd macrumors 6502a

saltd

It’s definitely worth getting the genuine Apple ML over the knockoffs-same with the Link Bands. Maybe there are better made aftermarket ones, but you can grab the real thing off EBay for a reasonable price if you’re patient.

My imitation ML band slips constantly, and feels much more “abrasive” on my wrist.

5. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

I bought one from eBay last year and the magnet is so STRONG it bolted together so fine. I wish I could find a link for you but eBay didn't save all of my purchases:(

6. Fuga thread starter macrumors newbie

Perhaps not all knock-offs are the same? When I got mine I picked the one that had the same or better average ranking, but more importantly, the one that had the most.

7. tremlock macrumors 6502a

tremlock

Moko makes a fantastic Milanese loop. I’ve had mine for well over a year and I have had no issues at all. The magnet is very strong.

8. gigaguy macrumors 65816

I've had jetech. Quality is pretty good, but the magnets slip some.