Are you worried about somebody stealing your Watch?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Cascadians, Apr 12, 2015.

1. Cascadians macrumors member

After seeing several stories on Facebook recently and news articles about ppl stealing FedEx and UPS packages off porches, I worry about an expensive valuable item like the Watch or iPhone getting targeted by thieves.

Great that the long lines of scalpers are evaded by online orders only. But how do you make sure you get your package?

Not to mention the times that USPS, FedEx, UPS and other carriers put the package on the wrong porch or over the wrong gate.

What are you planning to do to make sure you get your Watch?

2. HenryDJP macrumors 603

Well it's not like the package on the FED EX truck is labeled "AppleWatch". :D

I've ordered many expensive things over the years that actually did have the company name on them. No issues. Why not keep a positive attitude? Don't create a mental negative case.

3. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

Register it with the central government and use find my iPhone...

4. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

No. This is not my first time at the rodeo. Not to mention, unlike with my iPhone purchases, the device will not be on my doorstep on launch day.

Not worried.

5. zea mays macrumors 6502

zea mays

Not particularly worried about it any more than any other package.

6. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Naw... My mom will be home to get it. Jelly you ain't 16? :p

7. jjlannoo Suspended

I've had stuff stolen before off My porch. What can ya do. Can't live in fear.

8. DirtySocks85 macrumors 65816

DirtySocks85

I'm pretty sure all of Apple's shipments are "signature required" - so that will help. Additionally, I'm having mine shipped to my workplace, where someone will sign for it, and then it will either be left in our secure receiving area (I trust my coworkers, and the number of packages that arrive each day would make it ridiculous for someone to start rifling through them looking for my watch), or it will be hand delivered to my desk by a coworker nice enough to spot it in the receiving area and bring it up to me (which happened just earlier this week with an iPad I ordered).

9. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

If UPS/FedEx loses or steals your package Apple immediately ships a new one.

10. rp2011 macrumors 6502a

rp2011

Attention all you purse snatchers, hint : go for the Milanese loop. It's only attached by magnets! ;-)

It's got a good street resale value, quick turnover, and it should pull right off a wrist without any damage. ;-)
    Magnets!
    /s

11. mightyjabba macrumors 65816

mightyjabba

The leather loop as well. It's probably a valid concern for people who live in higher crime areas.

12. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Meanwhile robber gets their face completely wrecked by the persons other hand which turned into a fist.:D

13. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

I was also wondering if it has something similar to Activation Lock. I'm sure it does, but I don't think it's detailed anywhere. I'm also sure we'll get more details when others start getting it early.

14. Mascots macrumors 65816

Mascots

A signature will be required to drop it off. Or, you can fill out information ahead of time to have it dropped off at a neighbors.

Or, if you wanna take the risk, you can presign.

15. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

My wife usually likes to pick me up at the bus stop when I leave work, but that's around the time that UPS or FedEx makes their delivery, so I told her I'd walk home whenever it's out for delivery.

We aren't missing it. Not going to have a note on my door this time around!

16. 8CoreWhore macrumors 68020

8CoreWhore

17. sterl320 macrumors 6502

I will be camped out in my garage on launch day. Ain't nobody getting nothing of mine but me!

18. valleian macrumors regular

valleian

I'll be camping outside my house with my lawn chair, some Wheat Thins and a big SmartWater. No way I'm missing it. I'm missing prom/school/work for this thing. 4/24 here I come.

19. rp2011 macrumors 6502a

rp2011

Besides the sarcasm, iPhone thefts led to legislators grandstanding and the media milking it. Stick ups are nothing new, but when it comes to Apple, the media goes bonkers. First batch of Apple watch thefts expect sensationalist headlines.

20. dilap macrumors 6502a

So will mine..... Jelly you ain't 13? :p:D

21. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

I'm getting mine delivered to my grandparents' - they're always in and are only round the corner. It's great, essentially have my own private post office :p