Are ZAGG Invisibal Shields good?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by sap12690, Mar 17, 2011.

1. sap12690 macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Anybody use invisible shield? Are they good? I always use Belkin

2. CIA macrumors 6502a

I love my invisible shield. They are a local company for me though (here in Utah) so I've gone to the HQ many times to get my shields replaced under the lifetime warranty. They wear out, err, get a little frazzled, after about 6 months. That depends on use I suppose. I have a shield on my camera screen and it's awesome 2 years later. My phone gets a little more overall abuse. I took off the shield on my original iPhone (2g launch model) a few weeks ago, and the phone still looks brand new under it.

3. sap12690 thread starter macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

is it clear? What does it feel like?

4. iPad 2nd Gen macrumors regular

****ing terrible. ****** installation, orange peel, massive amounts of friction, feels like rubber.

5. iNtrigued macrumors member

Pro:
    Does protect from scratches and stuff like that.
    It feels like you have more grip on it.

Cons: personally I don't like the orange peel effect it makes.

I personally like the Steinheil Ultra Crystal Clear. Although I don't think they have the iPad 2 version.....yet.

Hope this helps.

6. camaroIOM macrumors 6502

See my Ghost Armor thread just posted. This is by far the best product on the market I have tried. They stand behind it and have great customer service. Order monday installed tonight. Feels just like the glass when installed

7. iPad 2nd Gen macrumors regular

Everything will protect from scratches if you put it on the product.

8. iMule macrumors 6502

ZAGG pisses me off. The orange peel affect is absolutely annoying. If it was tad more rugged, it would have the texture of a golf ball. Yet, people buy the dam* things. Steinhell screen shields are almost unnoticeable.

9. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

I'd avoid Invisible Shield/BSE/etc. for the white iPad. Those things yellow and it's very noticeable on white Apple products - just ask my beige iPhone.

10. M-5 macrumors 65816

M-5

I only have experience with InvisibleShields on my iPhones. It's an alright product. I don't like how it makes the screen look though. If you look closely at it when it's applied, then you can see what appears like some of the solution between the screen and the protector. It looks like tiny little specs and this rainbow effect. It's not too noticable, but it's there. Also I like the smooth feel of a screen without the protector, and the InvisibleShield makes it feel rubbery and makes it difficult to slide your finger across. It appears to attract more grime to it too, so I was constantly wiping it down with a damp cloth.

The one I applied to my white iPhone also ended up turning yellowish after a couple of months from use. But once I removed it, the phone was pristine and white. They work well to protect the device from scuffs, but I just don't like the feel of them on, so I ended up removing them from both of my iPhones. I also think they're overpriced considering they're just a simple sheet of plastic.

So overall, I felt that I'd rather live with a tiny scratch that may slightly affect the view of my screen than constantly dealing with a rubbery screen protector that makes the screen look different.

11. camaroIOM macrumors 6502

Telling you guys Ghost shield feels like the glass. Its only 29.95 better than a screen scratch any day

12. CIA macrumors 6502a

I guess I'm the only one here who likes the Zagg product. I agree that over time it does "wear out", but since it has a lifetime warranty I just get it swapped out for free. More importantly, when I peel off the old one to put on the new one my phone looks brand new under it. I prefer it's texture over the too slick iPhone 4. I recommend the product.

13. Uln4321 macrumors regular

I completely agree and also recommend ZAGG!