arg. help with typing...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thestaton, Sep 19, 2007.

1. thestaton macrumors 6502

I love this iPhone but it's really annoying when ever it suggests a word while I'm typing in a text message that I don't want and is completly wrong. So how do I get it to ignore what it thinks is right so I can move on with what I'm doing? If you hit space it inserts what I don't want. If I hit backspace it clears out that word but as soon as I enter the character again it's right back to suggesting the word I don't want.

help plz.

2. ivi7 macrumors 6502a

ivi7

When the suggested word comes up just tap on it that gets rid of it.

3. Avatar74 macrumors 65816

See the "x" next to the word that pops up? Tap that and the suggested word goes away. The more you do this with any particular suggestion, the dictionary will adapt to avoid making the suggestion and learn your words thus incorporating your vocabulary into its own internal dictionary.

Just be sure you accept the corrections that are appropriate so it doesn't clear them out of your dictionary. The combination of accepting the right words and rejecting the wrong ones will make your typing a lot faster down the road as the iPhone learns your style and vocabulary.

4. thestaton thread starter macrumors 6502