Argh!!!! Fustrating Itunes Store..any alternatives?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by cheskiz, Mar 3, 2008.

1. cheskiz macrumors member

Hi, i am in a country where the itune store is not available.

So does you guys know if there is any other alternatives. There is a number of authoritized premium apple reseller here. So do they do the updates? or any other the way.

2. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

If you have an iPod touch, there is no other legal alternative to transfer music to it (i.e. Bought CD's, any mp3's you have lying round), other than the iTunes program itself. There is no other way to transfer music to iPod touch due to the lack of current disk support.

Unfortunately, you bought an iPod touch without first checking your country had access to the store, or the fact you could or could not create an account.

You may however be able to buy an iTunes gift card, and create an account that way, but it would have to be a iTunes gift voucher from a country which is currently supported by iTunes, in order to create an account using valid information regarding you, and that country (i.e. UK, USA etc ...)

Software Updates.

First things first, Apple authorized premium sellers do not offer software updates for your iPod. Nor will they install them if asked.

Without an iTunes account, the only way to obtain an update file (i.e 1.1.4), and update your iPod to the latest firmware version, is through Apple's servers. You can then plug your iPod into your PC/Mac, open iTunes, and on the 'Summary Tab' Option Click, or CTL click, 'Update'. Navigate to the update file you downloaded form apple's servers, and iTunes will update your iPod.

This does not however apply to the recent 'January Software Update' which is only available through iTunes, for $20 (£12.99).

I am unsure whether I can link directly to Apple's Servers and the .ipsw file for 1.1.4 due to Mac Rumors forum rules, so I won't.

R-Fly

3. pjac macrumors regular

No! iTunes will happily transfer any mp3 files to an iPod. You could buy CDs and rip them to mp3. You could buy mp3s online for other online suppliers. Some bands will even let you download their mp3s free from their official website as a bit of self promotion.

4. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

I stand corrected. Now fixed.

R-Fly