Argh!! Help!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by AmandaMRead, Oct 31, 2011.

1. AmandaMRead macrumors newbie

So, the husband went out and bought a new surround sound system. Hooked it up, connected the internet, etc.
    Now my iMac won't connect. Keeps telling me that I've timed out or the server is busy. It will connect to the neighbor's unsecured network (which is sloooow), just not to our home network.
    His MacBook, the surround system and the DVR are all working fine and have full connectivity to the home network.
    Any ideas?

2. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

Open Keychain Access in your Applications/Utilities folder. Find any entries with your network name (SSID). Delete them. Now reconnect to your network you will be asked for a network key again. Click the box to show the password your typing and be sure it is correct before clicking OK.

If you keep having problems verify the password is correct. Open your husband's Macbook to Keychain Access. Find your network name. Double click on it and check the box that says show password. Enter the admin password when prompted. Now it will show you the network key used to connect to your home network.

3. AmandaMRead thread starter macrumors newbie

I did exactly as you instructed and got the same results. :confused:

4. PirateMonkey macrumors member

Has the mac got a reserved static IP address? I was getting similar issues here due to the amount of WiFi devices we have here, I went on a mission one weekend to give all of the devices a static IP I was getting also sorts of issues before doing that, what was annoying me was windows 7 wasn't telling me there was an duplicate IP on the network, the only reason I could assume was dude to the fact that Windows 7 was not managing the wifi and it was all being done via the TP-link.

Let us know what brand of wifi router you have and the model number and I'll get up instructions on how to reserve and put a static IP on you device.